TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Pine 3

Default storage?

We just looked at the first trailmanor we have ever seen in person. It was a 1993 2518. It seemed very small and did not have a lot of storage. What about a 2619? Do they have more storage. Where do you put stuff? Do the couches have storage underneath? Things like food pots and pans coffee pot?Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Think compact...nesting pots and pans and lids. There are compact french press coffee makers...I have one can't remember the name though and the camper is folded and put away currently. Our camper is larger and has a tremendous amount of storage.

If you do not have the hanging cabinets then you could build some. Scottie built one recently and it came out very nice.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
connbk

Default Storage in 2518

We just finished our first trip as a complete family - 2 parents and 3 teen-aged children in our '97 2518. The trip was 10 days covering the northern mid-west in the heat wave.

Storage space is limited. We used an "action packer" (rubbermaid box with lid) for storing dry goods, and a supplemental cooler for lunches and snack during the day. Both cooler and action packer were left out of the trailer under the bunks during the day and at night at camp. We packed our clothes in duffle bags, and slid the bags under the table bed at night. We also used the shower/tub for storage as we were showering at the camp showers, rather than in the trailer.

Space is a little tight, but workable even with 5 adult sized people traveling in the trailer.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
knoxjere

Default Storage

We originally had a 2720 (there are only 2 adults) and storage was a little tight, but we managed. We went to Florida for 3 weeks and did not have any problems. We bought some hanging shelves. One hangs over the bathroom wall by the kitchen sink and the other over the bathroom wall by the bed. We stored food (mostly lighter stuff like cereal boxes, etc.) on those. Now we have a 3023 and there is more storage in it. We have also found over time that there were things we took, but never used, so we took some stuff out. It will just take some experience to decide what to take and how to pack.

Link to shelves:
http://www.meijer.com/s/neu-home-ove...ooks/_/R-45151.

We also bought a hanging towel rack to hang over hall-bathroom door to hang towels.

My DH shops Goodwill for stuff like that and has found some real steals!

Stacking stuff and collapsible things (like bowls, colanders etc,) also helps.
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
PopBeavers

Anything that does not fit into the TM I carry in either one of the two full sized trucks.

Probably not a solution for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylTh View Post
We just looked at the first trailmanor we have ever seen in person. It was a 1993 2518. It seemed very small and did not have a lot of storage. What about a 2619? Do they have more storage. Where do you put stuff? Do the couches have storage underneath? Things like food pots and pans coffee pot?Thanks
With the larger TM's, 2720 and up, there is quite a bit of storage under the cabinets. All RV's are a compromise. With the TM you give up some storage space to gain the advantages of light weight, no sway problem, and low profile which REALLY helps with gas mileage.

That said, our model has two couches facing each other, and some have a front dinette with facing benches. When on the road all sorts of lighter stuff can be carried in the space between those seats. Folding chairs, blankets in plastic bags, and so forth.

As some have said, the removeable hanging cabinets are useful. I don't think that the 2518 had a hanging locker/closet across from the bathroom. We carry more than clothes in there.

Some have added pull out shelves to low cabinets, or just use plastic storage bins that slide out for convenience.

Many use the bathtub for a storage area. We frequently do. A caution though, anything with sharp corners that is heavy could wear a hole in the tub as you bounce down the road. We tried carrying the microwave in there with blanket wrapped around it. It got wet once, so now we just carry it on the floor of the bathroom.

We don't bake anything in our oven. My dermatologist says I must wear a brimmed hat when outside. So, I travel with my camping/hiking hat and also a nice "Sunday go to meeting" hat. (We frequently visit a local church when camping) I put the good hat in a plastic bag and keep it in the oven. We could just take it out if we wanted use the oven for cooking.

Then there are the over the wall hooks that folks use. We have a few. One board member posted photos of how he put removeable shelves over the bathtub.

Funny, our TM was a move up from a truck camper. We were thrilled with the storage spaces after a few transcontinental trips with the camper.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
PopBeavers

Go backpacking for a few days. When you get back you will be amazed at how large the TM is.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
CeeWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Go backpacking for a few days. When you get back you will be amazed at how large the TM is.

LOL-ain't that the truth!

Soon as we got back from our first trip a couple days ago, we removed the 'closet' that lays on the floor during travel and stands on the rear counter top next to the bed in our 2720sd. Just took too much of the floor space during travel. We're gonna try some plastic 'milk crates' to keep stuff in on the floor when moving, and stack them on the shelf like little cubes. We just don't normally camp with clothing that needs to be kept hanging.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeWoo View Post
LOL-ain't that the truth!

Soon as we got back from our first trip a couple days ago, we removed the 'closet' that lays on the floor during travel and stands on the rear counter top next to the bed in our 2720sd. Just took too much of the floor space during travel. We're gonna try some plastic 'milk crates' to keep stuff in on the floor when moving, and stack them on the shelf like little cubes. We just don't normally camp with clothing that needs to be kept hanging.
We use the closet all of the time. I hang all of my shirts, three to a hanger. While traveling the two pillows are jammed inside. At the bottom are the sandals.

I can barely pick it up when it is on the floor. If you d not struggle to lift it then it is not full.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Wayne -

Ha! I did the same thing on a couple trips. Works great - except that the heavy load caused the brown plastic slider to pull out of its screws into the bed frame. Fortunately it was an easy fix (discussed elsewhere) - but it was annoying to have to do it. I gather you have had no such issues?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote