TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2002, 08:15 PM   #1
KB7OUR

Default Bathroom Air Duct

I'm considering ways to vent the front wall of the bathroom in such a way as to provide some airflow into this area, both to keep it cooler on hot days and provide greater heating on cold mornings, yet still maintain some sense of privacy. My initial thought is to cut out an opening in the wall and add a small vent on both sides, with the vent grates aimed in such a way as to provide sufficient privacy so that you could not look directly through it into the bathroom area. Has anyone else thought about doing such a mod or have any suggestions? I suppose the easiest way to provide greater airflow would be to remove the front section of the vinyl ceiling flap, but I think there is a better way :-/.

Wade
Old 09-30-2002, 04:35 AM   #2
Gene

Default Re: Bathroom Air Duct

Yes, have some vertical duct work built in between top folding wall and in between bottom wall. Place a vent on the top of bathside of the folding wall. Cut holes on the edges of each wall, so the ducts line up with each other when the wall are set up. Turn on the exhaust fan and the moist air should be sucked out to the bottom of the floor. I have suggested this to TrailManor to no avail.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:07 AM   #3
KB7OUR

Default Re: Bathroom Air Duct

Eugene,

Your idea sounds interesting. The walls are pretty thin so not sure how much room exists for any duct work - maybe small PVC pipe? I was thinking of something much simpler. Basically, just some kind of cut out in the front top bathroom wall (maybe a 6 in. circle) covered with a vent screen for privacy. This opening would be large enough to draw some of the cooled air from the air cond or warm air form the heater into the bathroom with the fan turned on. I'm pretty sure I will try this as soon as I find some vent covers that will work well and can be sure that terlit chemical odors won't enter the main cabin.

Wade