TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2003, 04:54 AM   #11
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

Default Re: kitchen sink improvement

C_W_B

Did you ever receive this item?  It sounds like a good thing, but if it is a scam I don't want to try to order one.

Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:12 AM   #12
Wrench

MAY BE A SCAM! DO NOT ORDER FROM PALMS GIFTS!

I ordered the spraymate with water filter, 2 replacement filters and a replacement brush on 1/26/03, and other than the original order docs from galaxymall.com I have had no response. Like CWB, I've found Palm Gifts email doesn't work and my several messages to the galaxymall.com help email go unanswered. Fortunately, my credit card hasn't been charged!
Old 03-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #13
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
C_W_B

Did you ever receive this item? It sounds like a good thing, but if it is a scam I don't want to try to order one.

Jim
No, I never did receive this sinkmate. I think that the company (or at least Palm Gifts) has gone belly up!
Like wrench, I have found that the CC has not been charged, so I doubt that they are scamming perse, but I do believe they are no longer in business.

It is sad, because it looks like a great item!! Oh well, my RV filter will keep me going I guess.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 05:41 AM   #14
Wrench

As follow up, I looked into Galaxy Mall, the "virtual" on line shopping mall that hosts (hosted) Palms Gifts who sells (sold) the much sought after sink-sprayer. It turns out to be a multi-level marketing scheme to get innocent would be business operators to pay up big time for a on-line virtual storefront. No wonder Palms Gifts seems to be belly up. Dateline did a pretty negative piece on them. Here's a link for anyone interested. http://www.msnbc.com/news/684778.asp?cp1=1#BODY

Another site I looked at claimed many bad BBB reports, and investigation into internet fraud, but I cannot find a listing for galaxy mall on the BBB site.

I still send an e-mail a week to galaxy mall's "help desk", with no response at all to date.

Drats! I really wanted one of these before our trip to Yosemite in April!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:27 AM   #15
oilspot

This winter I just replaced all my faucets with single handle versions.  I used an "RV" model in the bathroom, because it was smaller and lighter than typical hardware store stuff.  For the kitchen sink I used a "Lowes" special (with lifetime ceramic valves).

On the plus side, I'm not in a hurry to add an accumulator to the system now.  Since I have a single handle, I don't have to worry about the old "burst" of pressure which quickly tapers off and made adjusting temps tricky.  

On the down side, the new kitchen faucet needed to modified slightly to fit existing plumbing.  It was not difficult, but did add a step to the installation.

Single handle is the way to go!!!  Plus you could get a faucet with a sprayer attachement, if you really wanted...
Old 03-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #16
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I don't have to worry about the old "burst" of pressure which quickly tapers off and made adjusting temps tricky.
Wow, and I thought it was just mine that did that!! lol
I am going to drain the water heater and then do the purge fill method described on other posts...will that eliminate the above mentioned condition or minimize it at least?  I only experience this in the bathroom, but it drives me a little crazy(ier).

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote