TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
MNACamper

Default 2417 without bathroom?

My DH and I have a Chalet Arrowhead that we absolutely love. But we've been thinking lately about how nice it would be to have some extra room. The thing that has always stopped us is that the Chalet is very light and can be stored in our garage.

Enter the Trailmanor, which I just learned about a couple of weeks ago.

We went to look at them in person today at our nearby dealer. The 2417 seems like it would be absolutely perfect for our needs. However, and I realize we're probably in the minority, we really don't have much of a desire to have a bathroom. We were tent campers for many years and our Chalet doesn't have a bathroom. Shower houses, vault toilets and a luggable loo are just fine for us. On the other hand, we do know that having a bathroom might help with resale.

If we have to choose, we'd really rather have more storage space. From what I gather, the bathroom in the 2417 is an option but I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere of one without the bathroom. I'm assuming that in place of the bathroom, there are cabinets but it would be nice to see a photo to be sure it's enough to give up a bathroom.

Does anyone here have a 2417 without the bathroom that you could share a picture of? Or does anyone have a link to a manufacturer photo they could pass along? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Having come from the same camping "tree", ie; tent camping, pop up without bathroom, I suggest that the bathroom might be much more useful and desirable than you think now. Really, the ability to take a real shower and the nighttime convenience are some of the Trailmanor pluses that we thought would be just OK, but now we wouldn't want to be without. Just my DW's and my two cents worth!
Mark
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We thought the bathroom and hot water heater were ridiculously over the top for camping. Now, wouldn't want to go without them!

At least when we bought ours many years ago, there was not an option to delete the bathroom. We probably would have, and never known what we missed.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

The TM Website for the 2417 shows "Storage, or Optional Bath...".

Also went the tent-> camper w/no facilities -> TM

I didn't want to get the toilet/shower, but DW insisted. I am glad she did! As WB said, it is so nice to have a hot shower (granted, they are Navy showers, but a shower none-the-less) after getting sweaty or sticky during the day. Now, if you ALWAYS camp in a campground with a shower house, that is not an issue. We camp off the beaten path, so there is nothing at all available.

Don't dismiss the shower, just because you have never had one. Sponge baths are one thing. A shower is much more satisfying.

Get the 40 gallon water tank, though. We can go a week with every-other-night showers, or every night without washing DW hair, on one 40-gallon tank.

By the way, we keep the bathroom folded during the day, and only open it at night. It "opens-up" the trailer with the bathroom closed. Also gives you more counter space during the day.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

If I were buying the 2417 model I would also forgo the bathroom and get cabinet instead. Just because it is pretty tiny in there. Although I would recommend the new 2417 slide model which would make it feel much more spacious. You would then have space to put your own portapotty.

That being said, I would never want to give up the 3 burner stove and larger refrig with freezer that I have in my 2720sd.

If you see one in person, try to go when a factory rep will be there and you will get a better idea of what cabinet would replace the bath. I think you could get both 3 drawers and a cabinet with shelves. Could probably also get a hanging cabinet to go over it.

The bath in the 2417 is a "wet" bath which is very different than any of the other models and while I liked the idea of the cassette toilet I didn't like the amount of space it took up in that tiny trailer. I was seriously looking at the 2417 this spring and would NOT have gotten the bath.

Don't worry about resale unless you don't plan to keep it for at least five years. Buy it how you want it. I would think it would be a big step up space wise from what you have now.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
Brutus

MNA, you may want to PM TM owner Laura FM for a quick pic. She has a 2417 w/o toilet.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=laura

IIRC (others please help me out), the toilet option in a 2417 is like $2100. Of course you'd get a decent chunk back on resale, but that's still a pretty stiff price-per-pee/poop ratio. That said, most of us that have been spoiled would pay it. Bottom line: get it the way you want it and don't look back.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
MNACamper

Wow...thanks so much for all the help/input! Honestly, the shower is the only reason we might even consider that option. There's definitely nothing better than getting clean after a day of hiking/biking/bug spray. And we do tend to go off the beaten path more often than not. But more storage in that small space sure seems like a good idea and might make it more "livable" for us since at this point, we're really only weekend campers and we're usually only without a shower for one full day. Plus, the $2100 price tag does give us pause.

However, I saw that Trailmanor posted pics on their Facebook page last night of the new 2417 with the slide-out. That's definitely the configuration we'd like to get and the new floorplan they posted doesn't say the bath is optional. I wonder if they're just going to make it standard for 2014? Anyone know?