TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
John and Anita

Default Interior or Frame question? Staple problem

We just purchased our new to us and first Trailmanor 3124 KS in a private sale and went out on our 'maiden voyage'. We really enjoyed the TM:, but had a problem when we got home. We opened it back up to clean it, empty frig and so forth and could NOT open the bed all the way -- it lacks maybe 1/4-1/2 inch. Sliding back in and out did not help. My husband got a flashlight and, with the bed slide out as far as it would go, peeked underneath. He saw the problem: While you can't see it from the inside of the exterior storage area, the top of it (in the area between the storage cubby and bed slide) has a couple of popped staples and part of the covering is sticking up. We are at least 3 hours from a dealer -- how can we get to the staples to re-secure them and completely open it without it happening again?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Just lift the bed from the inside of the TM. It will pivot on the back supports. Use caution since the back supports will not be fully deployed. This feature is the emergency exit for the back of the TM and is why there is a latch on the front of the bed and the bath wall.

Please add your Trailmanor and tow vehicle info to your signature so we can give you more specific help.

A full membership costs just $12/year and will continue to give you full access to the forums. Your trial membership will expire in 30 days and you will loose access to the technical forums.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
John and Anita

I'm trying to figure out how to add the information! The 3125KS is a 2008 model; we pull it with a 2004 Lincoln Navigator. We have a Equalizer hitch with a Prodigy brake controller.

We've e-mailed Chris for the info to upgrade! Whew! I'm anxious for my husband to see your reply and correct the issue!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
John and Anita

Mike, your advice to lift the bed was a help. I reattached some loose insulation stripping to allow the bed to move to the proper position.
Thank You,