TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
cmc211

Default I'm home again

Well, I just finished our move from Corpus to Virginia Beach. During the entire process we lived in our TM for about 3 months. We decided after I retire from the Navy we are going to take it full timing for a year. Not one single issue with it except in the heat of summer the capacitor in the A/C went bad. Only bad thing about where I am at is that I have the camper in storage. I am going to store it at NAS Oceania in a couple weeks. Right now I have it up at a Thousand Trails just north of Williamsburg. I'll feel better when its closer! Dave
Old 09-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
cmc211

Actually after leaving Corpus we went on vacation up to Maine and then down to Virginia. One conclusion I have come to is that our TM is big enough to go full timing for 2 people
Old 09-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
cmc211

Yes storage is at a premium. My pickup has an 8 ft bed with a cap which helps out a lot
Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Debian Dog

I am jealous. I just got back a few weeks ago and camped for about 3 weeks it was awesome.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
calypso

We just put our TM in storage at a local military base up the road a ways. We feel very fortunate to have a secure place to leave it for the next several months. Had to make room in our garage for a Screamin' Yellow Mustang GT.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Dave, your camper is less than 10 minutes from my house. Want me to go over and pat it and say "Hi!" from you??
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
masterge

Default Good to see another navy guy on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc211 View Post
Well, I just finished our move from Corpus to Virginia Beach. During the entire process we lived in our TM for about 3 months. We decided after I retire from the Navy we are going to take it full timing for a year. Not one single issue with it except in the heat of summer the capacitor in the A/C went bad. Only bad thing about where I am at is that I have the camper in storage. I am going to store it at NAS Oceania in a couple weeks. Right now I have it up at a Thousand Trails just north of Williamsburg. I'll feel better when its closer! Dave

Hello Shipmate,

Where are you going to be stationed in Oceana? I just retired last year from CNATT Unit NI last August and currently work for Boeing in Mesa, Arizona.

George

LCDR, (ret), USN
LDO 6630
Old 09-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
cmc211

I am actually stationed at NOB. I report aboard the USS FORREST SHERMAN in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
cmc211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckul8r View Post
Dave, your camper is less than 10 minutes from my house. Want me to go over and pat it and say "Hi!" from you??
Would you please!! haha