TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2023, 05:45 PM   #1
Dodge trucker

Default Older threads?

I belong to several internet forums on such subjects as old cars and trucks, garden tractors and such. .
On those other forums there's pages and pages of old topics that can be searched, though some purge (for instance) the for sale threads after say,30 days, 60 days etc and keep those topics down to 1 page accessible to normal everyday members (not mods and such)
Here it seems that no topic pages go past 1 page of entries.
As a new TM owner I can't help but wonder if some of my many questions couldn't be answered by old posts.
I thought I saw somewhere that this forum has existed for something around 20 or so years? I would think there'd be more than 1 page of topics that have been asked about and talked about in each heading over that long a period.
Is there an "archive" section or something like that where I could see some of the older stuff?
Cuz from what I have gathered (for example since that's what I got) 3023s didn't change all that much over the years, and Alot of discussion would cover many years of TMs.
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Are you logged in and using the "Search" option at the top of the main page? That should pull up discussions dating back to 2001 or earlier, depending on the keyword(s) you specify.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:19 PM   #3
Dodge trucker

Well yeah,
I'm logged in, or I won't be able to post this. .
And Alot of times I dunno what to ask until I see that someone else has asked before.....
Old 05-28-2023, 09:26 PM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

You can search within a specific section of areas. If you to the plumbing area, click on the "search this forum". Then type in a key word or words, hit go. You should get several lines where that key word is included. I've gotten some that are back to 2010. I have no idea how far back you can go.
What specifically are ya looking for?
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge trucker View Post
<snip>
Here it seems that no topic pages go past 1 page of entries.
As a new TM owner I can't help but wonder if some of my many questions couldn't be answered by old posts.
I'm not sure I understand what you are seeing. The Forum is organized into top-level Topic areas, such as Electrical, Frame, Towing, and so forth. There are about 20 such topic areas.

If you click on one of the topic areas, you will see a list of the individual conversations that occurred in that topic area - conversations are called Threads. For example, if I click on the Electrical topic area, I see a 50-page list of Thread titles, meaning that we have had a huge number of conversations about Electric things. Each Thread (conversation) has a title, so I can scan down the titles and find a conversation that interests me. Then, when I click on that conversation title, I can see all of the posts that happened in that conversation. There may be only one or two posts - or there may be dozens, spanning many pages. It depends on how many people took part in that conversation, and how much they had to say. But all of posts are part of that particular conversation, presented in order of posting.

Are you saying that you can't see this? Or are you expecting the mish-mash of unorganized unseparated posts that are presented on some social-media sites, where it is left up to the reader to figure out what any given post is talking about, and what previous posts may or may not have spawned it?

As others have mentioned, you can Search the Forum for keywords, and it will bring up posts that match those key words, regardless of where those posts appear on the Forum. Having found a matching post, you can then read the entire conversation, presented in the order in which it happened.

Hope this helps - ask again if not.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:01 AM   #6
Dodge trucker

Using electrical as an example I see 1 page of topics about electrical things, most forums I'm on I see a little " page 1 of____", at the bottom of the topic headings, where here I don't see that, asif what I see on that page is all there ever were.
One thing I am wondering about and was hoping to see more about "at the moment" is the gap between the front and back shells while set up rather than just piling onto the current thread on top of that page, the one about " ponding".
Old 05-29-2023, 09:06 AM   #7
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Interesting Dodge trucker - I just clicked on "Electrical" and the bottom of that page shows "1 of 74" pages. Since you signed up on May 23rd, I wonder if your access to the board is limited?
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 01:26 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

At the left edge of most pages, near the top, is an entry called User CP (which stands for User Command Post). Click it and you will see a ton of options for your member ship in the Forum. Spend some time scrolling down through them, making sure they are set the way you want them. Pay particular attention to the set called Settings and Options > Edit Options. If something is wrong there, you may get strange results when you try to view the Forum contents.

Bill
Old 05-29-2023, 03:59 PM   #9
Dodge trucker

I've seen "user cp" on other forums I'm on but I just looked and don't see it on here anywhere. Never knew what that was.
I look now and see (I think it is "exterior") and see 1 of 3 pages . . I see another that now says 1 of 4, certainly not 74 anywhere. May something to me being new and having limited access?
We'll see....
My wife signed up for the fake book forum, I'm not on fake book.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:08 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
I've seen "user cp" on other forums I'm on but I just looked and don't see it on here anywhere.
When you first log in to the Forum, User CP is at the far left end of the title bar, right beside "FAQ" and "Members List".

Bill