TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
Itaricans

Default Can I Attach A Scooter To My TM

Hello everyone.
I`ve been thinking about this for a while and trying to find a way to do it, so i guess the best thing is to do ask the people who knows best. i just got a scooter, and i would like to bring it with us when we go camping, i also got a carrier that i can attach to my hitch receiver, now , is there any way i can attach the carrier to the back bumper of the TM? the carrier is one of those metal shelves where you can carry coolers, luggage etc, and the scoot weights 300 #s. can some one let me know if it`s possible? thanks. Louie.
Can someone please trow me a bone here? yes? no?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
utahsue

Default I'd say no to that idea

You don't mention what model or year your TM is, but mine has the rear receiver from the factory and the label on it says that the weight of whatever you attach should not exceed 100 pounds. I also have noticed that many people who carry bicycles back there report a noticiable increase in trailer sway. Our two bikes and the rack weigh 90 pounds - your scooter is way heavier, so it would sway like crazy.

I hope that helps a little.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Itaricans

Default Thanks

Thanks Sue, my tm is a 2619, /05. i guess the scooter idea is out of the question. I`m sorry it took me some time to thank you, but i was away from home, just got back. Thanks again. Latter. Louie.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #4

have you thought of a front hitch? There should not be any noticable decrease in the air vent to your car, depending on the vehicle. But, you should check this out with someone who knows and, you know what, some of the best experts are at U-Haul. Good luck and "keep on truckin" tt
Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
rhmiddl

Default Scooter carrier

I had a similar situation as I'm thinking of also carrying a scooter on the back of my trailmanor. I found a shivel trailer wheel mount that could probably be used for this application. The main load would be on the shivel wheel and not the trailmanor frame. I plan to try it soon by making a 3 foot deep carrier to use with the swivel wheel. The swivel wheel can be found at www.doublehitch.com

There are also swivel wheel trailers that you can buy although they are expensive.