TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Gapopper

Default I cleaned out my toilet

We took our 2720 out for the first time this past weekend. We camped 3 nights. We had the same problems as others with stuff not going down. I noticed the plastic Shute interfering with the flush. When I got home , I tried to remove the plastic Shute but dropped it. I decided to take the 4 screws out and remove the lid. I was amazed to see that there was not any toilet paper in the toilet. Everything was flushed out at the dump station. I expected to see toilet paper stuck to the screen but there was none. We didn't use camping toilet paper because it is only 1 ply 😱 . We used Charmin and didn't see any problems with using it. There was some staining in the bottom and sides of the tank . I cleaned and brushed out the tank. I also removed the plastic Shute. Everything looked ok and i reassembled it. Now I know what is in there.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Exclamation

I would use RV/Marine toilet paper.

Unless you actually enjoy playing with your feces.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecicon View Post
Except for that lingering doubt that it's snake oil. Some brands are, it appears.

You can watch a series of videos by a lady with a terrible microphone testing 30 brands with water in Mason jars .

Even if you arrive at a good one, there's no telling when the manufacturer changes their formulation, or if they have it made in China, when the subcontractor changes their formulation without telling the "manufacturer".
Old 10-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecicon View Post

Unless you actually enjoy playing with your feces.
Not for nothing but if you use a recirculating toilet (most all of us with a Trailmanor do) you are sorta playing with your feces anyway. I strongly believe the toilet is the weak link of the TrailManor chain. Can't wait to upgrade mine...
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Can't wait to upgrade mine...
I am having a problem understanding how much better things can get. It's either in a cassette, which if you don't get really creative in cutting huge holes in the side of your Trailmanor you empty out from the inside and then you hand-carry to a toilet or dump station, open it up, and dump it out. If you are hooked up with the Thetford, you open the dump valve sometime every day, and you never see anything or smell anything and most of the time don't even have to use deodorizer. If you are not hooked up, you use a sewage tote and it stays outside, unlike the cassette.

Some folks sacrifice the boondocking capability of the Trailmanor for a toilet with no holding tank. But they still have the hose to mess with.

If you have had a child, nothing about the Thetford could ever compare...
Old 10-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
Shane826
TrailManor Master

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...hlight=Sealand

Several folks on this forum have installed this Sealand toilet. Has a fresh water flush instead of using urine, formaldehyde, and feces to rinse the toilet bowl. And there's water in the bowl, so you don't get that fun spray-back when peeing.

I had read and read and read about TrailManors before buying my 3326. I thought, how bad can the recirculating toilet be? Then the first time my son went #2 in the camper (it was a late night emergency in the pouring rain) and I saw the brown water swirling down the bowl while flushing, upgrading became a priority.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #7
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Love my cassette and have two holding tanks for it, simple to dump,can do both functions unlike a lot of owners here that won't go #2 for whatever reason .
While no doubt some like the recirculating pot, I didn't and don't regret cutting a 12X14 hole and installing a door, bet no one would know it wasn't factory installed.
I would do it again

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

By the way this subject surfaces about every six months, everyone has an opinion, what works for you is best for you!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

I am with Shane , I plan on doing the sealand toilet just to get away from the brown swish and the fact that a hard stream seems to jump out and "grab" ya

just need to find the extra 5 large hiding somewhere or find the right money tree

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #10
Gapopper

As far as using non camping toilet paper , I didn't see a problem. After arriving home and taking off the top, there was not anything in there. If you use 1 ply camping toilet paper, you have to use more of it to have enough. When any toilet paper gets wet, it's a gooey mess. As long as my toilet dumps properly , I will continue to use good quality paper. We did 1 and 2 for four days , I never saw any brown water. It was always blue. The only problem was the plastic flap which I have removed now. I now have a better understanding of how everything works now that I have looked under the lid. Also there were not any monsters hiding in there lol.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote