TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #1
Grace1st

Default Advice for another prospective buyer

Hello all.

I am also starting my research about coupling a SUV/pickup with a TM. My wife and I currently work overseas (South Africa), but we will be returning to the US in August. At that time, we will purchase a pickup or SUV and a TM.

We are inclined to get a Kia Telluride, as it is very impressive in various ways. It is rated for a 5000 pound towing capacity. It would be easier to drive around town and fit into our garage. But I just am not convinced that a crossover SUV is adequate for pulling a TM, no matter what the rating.

If the SUV doesn’t seem stout enough, we are looking into the 2022 hybrid Toyota Tundra. Won’t be a problem pulling a TM with that whatsoever.

We would be living in New Mexico, but making various trips to Colorado and other locations. Yes, there would be mountains involved, at times.

So, I’m interested to hear first from those who have a midsize or crossover SUV who are pulling a TM. We would also prefer the larger models, as we much prefer a king size bed.
Grace1st is offline   Reply With Quote