TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
DC Randy

Default Climbing on roof

I was wondering if it's ok for me to get on the roof (when it's closed) to make sure the AC is sealed really well. I weigh...no comments either...about 140 (and yes sometimes I have to bounce to get my unit closed hehehe)...but is it ok to scooch my bottom along (not stand up) on a closed roof?

Thanks!
Randy
Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
I was wondering if it's ok for me to get on the roof (when it's closed) to make sure the AC is sealed really well. I weigh...no comments either...about 140 (and yes sometimes I have to bounce to get my unit closed hehehe)...but is it ok to scooch my bottom along (not stand up) on a closed roof?

Thanks!
Randy
Randy,
Just place a peice of plywood down first. Ideally it would be large enough to span the distance from the top outside rail to the middle rail. The trick is to distribute your weight over as large an area as possible. I've used this method and I'm closer to 200 pounds and it worked well for me.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
Rich_in_Tampa

We spent 3 hours on and off the roof of our 3124KS last weekend, flip flops on our feet, me at 180# and DW at 122#, both at the same time in different areas. No problem.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
We spent 3 hours on and off the roof of our 3421KS last weekend, flip flops on our feet, me at 180# and DW at 122#, both at the same time in different areas. No problem.
Past experience from others is always helpful...reference this post where guidance from Ed at the TM factory was used.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=walking+roof

Note Ed recommended using plywood...

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote