TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2002, 06:34 AM   #1

Default Replacing the Bath Tub

Has anyone replaced their Bath Tub? I recently noticed a crack in the floor of mine. Which then led me to notice that the previous owner had patched the tub with a fiberglass patch. They did a good job, espcially matching the color. That is why I never noticed.

The crack is right on the edge of the patch. I am wondering if I should just replace the tub, instead of patching again. I called Jimmy Davis at the factory, he said a new tub is only about $77.00 including shipping. I am just not sure I am up to the project myself.

Dave
Old 01-21-2003, 05:21 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: Replacing the Bath Tub

I would say it has to be based on your abilities.  If I could find someone who could repair the tub as well as your previous owner did, that's what I would do.  I say this because replacing the bathtub would really require a professional since there are so many plumbing factors to take into consideration.  Only you knoiw how frequently you use your tub, too.  We use ours daily, but we have friends who seldom take showers in their units, preferring to use the bath houses instead.  
Just my two cents.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #3

Default Re: Replacing the Bath Tub

Since I am now selling my Trailmanor, I have decided to let the new owner decide what to do.  I will reduce the price by the amount my local Trailmanor dealer quoted me to replace out the tub.   If they are handy they can replace it themselves and save a bit of money, or just repair the crack.  So far I have not been able to find a fiberglass repair kit that is the same color as my tub.  I have one that is close, and will also give that to the new owner if they would like.

.  Trailmanor only charged about $75.00 for a new tub, and that includes shipping.

Besides,  I have noticed that the crack does not actually leak any water.  When I fill the tub with water there is no bubling by the crack.