TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
tshogan

Default torsion bars

I have looked through alot of the boards and know it's probably in here some where, but it is hard to lift my 1990 trailmanor 28 without 2 people.  Is there anything I can do to help fix this problem?  I think the torsion bars are just tired and need replacing.  Any ideas on the cost of this?
tshogan
Old 06-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re: torsion bars

Try,

http://tretta.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/...496374;start=1

I think that will get you what you need. I have not tried an adjustment but folks tell me that a little goes a long way so use care.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
tipper

Was anything done or added to the particular shell that may have increased its weight?

TM advertises a lifetime guarantee on the torsion bars for the original owner.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #4
tshogan

Thanks Windbreaker, I will give it a try.  It looks like trial and error on the adjustment.  Tipper, yes a rear roof ac was added and two front roof vents.  We are not the original owner.  We just bought this a week ago and are in the process of learning what we have.  I lucked up and found this wonderful message board with lots of help a few weeks before I bought the trailmanor.  Its a 1990 Trailmanor 28.  I hope the instructions will work for one that old.  I plan on joining trailblazer soon and hopefully visiting the factory.  
tshogan
Old 06-13-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
tipper

My guess then is that you're beyond the adjustment range of the torsion rod.

TM uses different torsion rod diameters and there may be a suitable production rod but this determination and the installation work is probably best done by the TM factory repair.