TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
brulaz

3 or 4 bikes plus bike rack on the back of a trailmanor? No. I definitely wouldn't do it. The frame is just too light for all that xtra weight, the axle would probably be over loaded as well.

We carried 2 bikes inside our Elkmont for a while but it was messy and you have to be careful not to screw up the interior. Not sure if that's an option.

Or how about on top of your TV? I've seen lots of bikes on roof racks.

There's another company that makes light-weight framed trailers (Lance), and they state categorically that only front-end, over-the-propane bike racks are allowed. That might work with my Elkmont, but don't see it working with any of the folding Trailmanors?

Good luck.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
trailbiker

I am wondering what you are using for a twe vehicle and if you have ruled out carry the bikes in or on top of the TV.
2 Kayaks, 2 electric bikes
trailbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #23
trailbiker

I am curious. Have your ruled out carrying the bikes on top of or in the back of your your TV. If the limit on the reciever for the TM is 100 pounds then, 4 bikes is not an option. Here is a link to what I use. I can carry up to six bikes.

http://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Bi...Fccw4AodvE4ArA
2 Kayaks, 2 electric bikes
trailbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
VibrantClan

Default Thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
3 or 4 bikes plus bike rack on the back of a trailmanor? No. I definitely wouldn't do it. The frame is just too light for all that xtra weight, the axle would probably be over loaded as well.

We carried 2 bikes inside our Elkmont for a while but it was messy and you have to be careful not to screw up the interior. Not sure if that's an option.

Or how about on top of your TV? I've seen lots of bikes on roof racks.

There's another company that makes light-weight framed trailers (Lance), and they state categorically that only front-end, over-the-propane bike racks are allowed. That might work with my Elkmont, but don't see it working with any of the folding Trailmanors?

Good luck.
Yes, I am concerned with 3-4 bikes being too much on the back of the TM. Roof racks are not an option and neither is in the TV (we tow with a conversion van), also in the TM is not an option my daughter is as tall as me and has an adult size bike and which make 2 adult bikes and a child's bike and sometimes a bike for my husband as well. We would be doing well to get the one child's bike to fit, and I wouldn't travel with it in there as it would likely damage the interior.

Thanks anyway
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
VibrantClan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbiker View Post
I am wondering what you are using for a twe vehicle and if you have ruled out carry the bikes in or on top of the TV.
We tow with a 1997 Chevy Astro Mini Raised Roof Conversion Van with AWD. So nothing can be mounted on top and there is not room for them inside the TV either.

Also I did discover today that the rear hitch on the TM is welded to the frame not just bolted. I do not know if this means it can really hold more than 100 lbs. or not though. When we bought the camper it did still have a sticker there stating that you can not exceed 100 lbs. It has been suggested in other threads that this may be more of a precaution to avoid sway, and not have to do with its structural integrity. The person that suggested this seemed to be speculating though and not speaking of actual experience or real knowledge on the subject. We do have a WDH already, so I don't know it that makes a difference or not.