TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > Parts and Accessories Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not Tentcamper, but having just done that, I can say that it is easy. When you take out the four screws (two in the bump in back, facing up, and two toward the front, facing down) the entire lid and bowl assembly lifts straight up and off. The "lid and bowl assembly" includes the pump, the intake tube that is part of the pump assembly, the empty-full float assembly, and the vinyl skirt at the front of the bowl. The one thing that it does not include is the big filter screen that sits on the bottom of the tank. Be sure to take note of the position and orientation of the screen, since you have to put it back in the right position.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:06 AM   #12
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I replaced may Cap as Thedford calls it last summer. It comes with the bowl and skirt as part of the assembly. It is the second time that I have done this on my TM. The Cap is not reinforced very well. Lousy engineering. Have added extra bumpers to the bottom of the toilet lid to distribute the weight over a larger area hoping to minimise the cracking problem. It is not a hard job to do. You have to remove the 4 long screws to remove the cap, but first the rear cap over the motor of the pump has to be removed and the pump disconnected. Two of the long screws are under that cap and two are at the front of the toilet tank facing upwards. When you remove the Cap be careful of the seal that goes around the perimeter of the tank under the Cap. It has a distinctive cross section and has to go back the way it was installed. Put is back the wrong way and you might get seepage. around the Cap. Once off, you have to transfer the pump assembly to the new Cap and hookup the small length of see-through tubing. Put everything back together and voila your done. Not a hard job to do. Just be careful of the mesh in the tank that you put it back the same way if you took it out to clean the tank. By the way you also have to pry out the Level gauge and transfer it. I ordered a new Cap through my local RV dealer. I also ended up changing my slide valve as it was leaking so ended up taking the whole toilet out which is another story. Good luck with your repair. Hope this helps.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #13
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Thanks to both of y'all for sharing your experience. I'll be replacing the seat and lid, and it sounds like that should be fairly easy.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:38 PM   #14
nursepr51

I realize that your post is over a year old, but I'm in the process of replacing the Thetford Electra Magic toilet in my TM 2720-SL. If you are still in need of the cover, I am willing to send mine to you in about a week.
Peter Nurse
570-362-1066
[email protected]
nursepr51 is offline   Reply With Quote