TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
DC Randy

Default Propane Hoses..MUST READ

Ok so I've had problems with my propane system since day one. It's been hit and miss, and as I've explained on several posts, became totally inactive.

I called the maker of the regulator in Texas, to speak to them about the problem. The first thing he asked me was to look and tell him the name on the silver label of the hoses that go from the tanks to the regulator. As soon as I said "FAIRVIEW" he said: "that's your problem". Get rid of them, they are the problem. Darned if he wasn't right.

I was camping for a week during this, and we changed out the hoses. You can literally see the problem: the Fairview hoses have a very, very SHORT needle (sorry, don't know what else to call it), inside the twist cap that connects to the propane tank. It seems it just doesn't allow enough flow.

So...if you have had problems, check the hoses first. Even Ed at TM had said that it was very rare for a brand new regulator to go bad.

Hope this helps!
Randy