TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
LVmoto

Default New 19RD owner

Hello all! First post. I recently picked up a 19rd and enjoyed it for a week while driving back across the country to get home. I am going to be using it exclusively for dry camping and after spending some time with it, I'm thinking a 16RD would be a better fit for my needs. I"m guessing they didn't make too many of those as I am unable to get many search results on the web? Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!
LVmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVmoto View Post
Hello all! First post. I recently picked up a 19rd and enjoyed it for a week while driving back across the country to get home. I am going to be using it exclusively for dry camping and after spending some time with it, I'm thinking a 16RD would be a better fit for my needs. I"m guessing they didn't make too many of those as I am unable to get many search results on the web? Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!
The 16RD doesn't have a bathroom/shower. If you're always dry camping, the 19RD will haul enough water for a shower before you hit the road to head home along with the usual hand washing and cooking.

You're really lucky to find that one. Hold on to it!
Old 06-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
LVmoto

I agree, it took me quite some time to find this one and I would only let it go if I'm able to find a 16 first. As with everything in life, I'm trying to make the right compromises. I camp in remote areas when alone and group "tent sites" when doing events. The bathroom and roof AC/heat unit will most likely never get used. Kitchen, heater, outside shower, and bed are the big upgrades for us from car/tent camping. I also have a 4runner set up for off road use as a tow vehicle and appreciate any weight reduction that can be gained...
LVmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
marshel308

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVmoto View Post
You didn't happen to buy from Camping World outside of Madison WI, did you? They had a listing that didn't last long. If you don't mind, how much did you pay? I'm interested in a Trail Mini/SD myself.
marshel308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
LVmoto

Private sale. PM sent