TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
moaboy

I just want to second much of what ng2951 said especially the point about the amount of windows and thus good views and light. It is something that took me a minute to appreciate in my 2720, but now really appreciate.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
Shandysplace

Default Not As Good As Renting

You might want to post on this thread your location so Forum members who live nearby could respond. While not as good as renting; spending time with a seasoned TMer might be the next best thing. We're sorry you were unable to visit our Rally in Petaluma in early April.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
Camping Lady

Smile Still Looking for a Rental in Northern Ca.

Hi Shandysplace,

I am located in SF, Bay Area. Just came back from camping in Yosemite National Park. It was great.

I shared my cousin's Tent Railer. It was my first tent trailer experience. It was much nicer than a tent, but I am set on having a hard shell all around.

I am still looking for a rental opportunity before purchasing.

I will keep my fingers crossed that an opportunity will present itself hear in the SF Bay Area.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/2498846789.html

They've got their rental ad back on Craigslist....
Old 07-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #15
Shandysplace

Default Pismo Beach Rally

As we've suggested to you in the past, visiting one of our rallies to speak with many owners and see their TMs should prove valuable in evaluating if a TM is right for you.

Our next rally is at Pismo Beach, CA 9/30-10/2. Many of the TMs will be open for visitors on Saturday morning 10/1.

Let us know if you're interested and we can work something out.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
ng2951

Quote:
...I shared my cousin's Tent Railer. It was my first tent trailer experience. It was much nicer than a tent, but I am set on having a hard shell all around.

I am still looking for a rental opportunity before purchasing...
Camping Lady, just in case you find it too difficult to locate and coordinate a TM rental, the big difference between the TM in camping mode is aisle space. Many of the trailers out there today have more aisle space than a TM. Some might add that not too many trailers have the recirculating toliet, but I never had the problems with it that a few seemed to have.

If you rent a trailer without slideouts you have a pretty decent TM simulator. If you remember that storage is limited, the refrigerator is smaller than a lot of trailers (but not tent trailers), you are going to be close.

When you go to one of the TM rallies you will figure out the differences pretty quick. I think you will find that the window space is closer to what the tent trailer had, just with much better walls. In our Puma Unleashed it is one of the things we miss is being able to look a full 360 degrees around the TM. It was sure nice from the bed to look out of the windows so easily.

As folding campers go it, I don't think anyone is as competitive as TM. I just wish they were making a 3326 and one with the mods I suggested...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
Shandysplace

Default Come On By

If you're unable to find a rental or get to a TM rally, feel free to stop by and tour our Elkmont 26 in Petaluma. Prior to our Elkmont 26 we had a 3326.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The rental in San Jose, CA is still on Craigslist, but it doesn't say anything about being a TrailManor (apparently it was getting flagged for removal continually?).

If you do a search on the SF Craigslist for "For Rent Trailer rental" you will find the ad. I think it looks like a 2518.

Here is the link: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/2601510872.html
Old 05-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Apparently these people now have 3 TrailManors for rent, a 2518, a 2720, and a 3023. Here is the link:

http://www.destinationrvrentals.com/trailers.html
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
mrfeb14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Apparently these people now have 3 TrailManors for rent, a 2518, a 2720, and a 3023. Here is the link:

http://www.destinationrvrentals.com/trailers.html
I Rented from them for memorial weekend... nice couple that rents them. I rented the 3023. in august i'm renting from them again and getting the 2518. I really wanted to rent the 2720 they have because it's the only one with AC but it's in high demand.

I sorta wish we had rented a smaller one first because i fear that we liked the 3023 so much we may not want to go smaller. After my rental experience i've been searching to purchase.. If you're in Northern to Central CA i would definitely suggest considering renting from these guys to check it out before you buy.

Tags
rent, rental