TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
moneeleann

Default About to seal a deal, but hit a snag... please help

Hi all! You've all be soo helpful and informative. I'm about to seal the deal on a 2005 3023. Ran into some snags, and wanted some opinions...

There is a roof leak where the front fan is. I know that, and she has lowered the price accordingly, in my opinion. The previous owners to her did a patch job on it, and a pretty shoddy one, again, in my opinion. They used a ton of caulking. Well, she got up on the roof for me yesterday and took pics, and noticed that there is some type of mesh used under the caulking, to the side of the center seam. So maybe there was some type of repair?

It appears right in between the two vents in front, and frankly, it doesn't look that big deal to clean up the repair. The roof inside isn't cracked, isn't sagging, etc. So we don't know what was being repaired. A hail crack? No idea.

So my question is, would this scare you? Or would you steer clear of it?

My thought was to remove both vents and all the caulking, clean it all up, use eternabond on that whole area, then regasket the vents and reinstall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monee50.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	7712