TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
ProspectiveOwner

on pic 3, is that how it should look ? the door doesn't stay together good... wonder if anybody could post a similiar pic of a working door

also, dumb question, where is the battery ?

thx again for everybodies input
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #22
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the spring clip in the picture where that pin slides in to has lost its springiness. If that's the case, you can simply order a replacement from the factory. It can't be fixed. That pin should snap in there and stay in there. To get the pin back out, you should have to smack the panel to which the pin is attached with the palm of your hand. Not sledge hammer force, but definitely a good slap.

The battery on a 2720SL is in the rear outside compartment. Go outside under the bed and open the door, and it should be right there in a white plastic box.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Be sure that you check the date code on the tires. The visual of the tires doesn't mean much. As the tires age, they delaminate from the inside out.

If you do a search on "blow out" you may get an idea of what a serious issue this is.
http://www.newrver.com/publish/readtires.shtml
Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #24
rumbleweed

The alignment of the door pins and top and bottom door section are very dependent on the correct alignment of the front and back top shells. If the TM is not level and the front and rear top shell locking bars ( 1" sq aluminum bars on top corners of bottom shell) are not engaged, the door may not line up properly.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
ProspectiveOwner

its looking like it may not work out .... she kind of balked when I mentioned letting us tow it to a local KOA to hook it up and test it...she said due to it being our responsibility then, etc ... then after I told her I wanted it but there were a few other things I wanted to test the day I come to pick it up (heat, pump, water heater, plumbing, etc) she kind of grimmaced and said " oh, I hope everything works" ... so I emailed her with that list yesterday morning, I've called 3 times and haven't heard back... I even had my brother in law change his weekend family plans to help me .... oh well... thanks guys... I'll find one eventually
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveOwner View Post
its looking like it may not work out .... she kind of balked when I mentioned letting us tow it to a local KOA to hook it up and test it...she said due to it being our responsibility then, etc ... then after I told her I wanted it but there were a few other things I wanted to test the day I come to pick it up (heat, pump, water heater, plumbing, etc) she kind of grimmaced and said " oh, I hope everything works" ... so I emailed her with that list yesterday morning, I've called 3 times and haven't heard back... I even had my brother in law change his weekend family plans to help me .... oh well... thanks guys... I'll find one eventually
Ya.... well, sometimes these things happen for a reason.