TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
EAKlebe

Default Priority to buy accessories?

I've searched but found no information (perhaps my search strategy is defective also). It seems that most owners have replaced the tires, some have "upgraded" to 15" tires using a lift kit, there are constant references to weight distributing hitch and also to brake controllers.

Is there any consensus on the relative priority of acquisition?
I have discovered that the tires on my 1999 3023 definitely need to be replaced, so that is number one. Although the trailer just passed the safety inspection in Maryland and the tires LOOK very good with very little tread wear, I am leery of them. I guess the question is, should I go for the lift kit and upgrade to 15" tires, or is that not really that important for a trailer that will be used for relatively short distance trips (i.e. less than 500 miles)?

I kind of believe that a brake controller is the next priority because I anticipate driving up and down the roads in West Virginia.

Since I am NOT very good at backing up a trailer, and since my co-pilot doesn't seem to be able to understand that one should make large gestures to indicate direction to go, I am determined to get a backup camera system.

FYI my tow vehicle is a Ford F150 V8 4WD.