TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Ed & Jerri

Default New owner question - size of bed sheets

My husband is going to pick up our 2008 3124KB. What fitted sheets will fit the 78 x 78 king and the full size bed in the front? I would like to know the depth of the matress.

Thanks
Jerri
Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
nonichris

Default Bedding

We are also awaiting the arrival of our new 3124KB. After struggling for years with the sheets on our queen size cab over bed in our class C, and reading other peoples comments, we bought 2 queen size Travasaks for the TM. We had some very old twinsaks that are still in perfect condition...the only difference is that they are now made in China...arrrgh!...This is not a direct answer to your question, but something to consider.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
markndeb

Our answer to your question....my wife sews in elastic around the entire fitted sheet and it fits fine. Go to the stores and most sheet sets have the measurements on the package. We have had numerous TT's over the years and the beds are never the same size even though they are called the same, ie king, queen, full.
Hope this helps.
Mark & Deb
Old 07-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I use a king bottom sheet and a queen top sheet on the 78x78 king bed in our 3124ks. I may one day go with the travasacs but for now too many other things are top of the list. I also use a queen size comforter. Ed and Jerri since you live in a colder climate...if you get a electric blanket a queen size should do fine. A king size would be too large. I had planned to eventually buy two twin travasacs I thought they would fit best but I guess I need to recheck the numbers.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
nonichris

Default Twin Travasaks

I didn't realize that what my mother had given us was two old (about 20 years) twin Travasaks...personally, I would never buy that size..the way they are made with zippers on both sides is very uncomfortable for me as a twin..when I realized what they were after ordering the new Queen sized Travasaks, I took the twins and zipped them together..I can use them that way on the queen sized bed in the guest room of our house, but there is an uncomfortable gap in the middle where the sheets don't come together and the zipper goes up. I know they are not meant to be zipped together, but that is the only way I can stand sleeping in them. They are extremely well made, but after studying them it is obvious that I could make something similar, especially the sheets, for much less money, as the sheets are simply double length sheet material with velcro strips on the sides. I got the two queen size Travasaks in the percale material for 299.00 total on the internet..the micro suede was a lot more expensive. The whole point of the Travasak is that you don't need to tuck in sheets and can lay the whole thing out on the bed...and it looks nice.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Hey thanks for the info...I researched the travasacs a year or so ago...and had not realized that the zipper would make it uncomfortable if I zipped them together. Thanks for saving me a costly mistake.

I did find some at West Marine that are called V-Berth by Travasac...that measure 76X80X40.....wonder what the 40 is for??? They are available in Teal, Blue, sand or gray for 200 and an extra set of sheets is 49.99. This is sounding better all the time.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
nonichris

Default The V-berth Travasak is for boat bunks

The drawings do show them as a V shape, and in one of the catalogs they said they were designed for boats..in the bow I imagine...The queen size Travasaks are very roomy and look as though they will be totally comfortable for two people and also that you won't be fighting with the zippers...I'm sure we will end up also putting fitted sheets over the beds because of our three dobermans. I bought one of the Travasaks for my mother and her Manchester terrier, so they can use the big bed when she comes with us, and the rest of us will somehow use the smaller bed and the sofa. We are used to all crowding together, and we bought the 3124KB so that the dogs would have a comfy place to survey their world on one end of the sofas. I will miss the cab over bed in the RV we have now, because I could climb up and stretch out and the dogs couldn't manage to get up there.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Hey thanks for the info...I researched the travasacs a year or so ago...and had not realized that the zipper would make it uncomfortable if I zipped them together. Thanks for saving me a costly mistake.
We have the queen size Travasak. We zip the summer and winter pieces together. We have never had a problem with the zipper.

The way we both toss around it is not possible to keep anything tucked in, even in a king size bed. Travasak is the only way to go.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
Ed & Jerri

Thanks for your replies. My husband is driving to L. A. California from Grand Junction, CO. to pick up the 3124KB. I thought I would try to find bedding before he got back. We are going to try it out this weekend.

Jerri
Old 07-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
Bluegrass

A tip for making the bed using sheets - Make it after opening the back shell but before pulling the bed out. One of you can be inside putting the sheet on the bottom of the bed, the other can stand on a stool or bumper and put the fitted sheet on the top from outside. Ditto for top sheet and blankets. THEN pull the bed out and put up interior cabinet and bath.

Much easier than trying to climb onto the bed and get the fitted sheets on the head of the mattress after the hanging locker and bath are up.

FWIW, we put a queen mattress in our 3124kb so that we would have some space on each side of the mattress to put clock, books, my reading glasses, and the sundry other things you want near the bed. A great idea we picked up from someone here on the forum.

You might also consider getting a foam mattress topper. The stock mattress is pretty hard. We got one from Costco and sleep like puppies on it.