TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2021, 08:13 PM   #1
DennisB

Default Bathroom sink-no water pressure

We have been on a trip for a week-we are in a campsite with full hookups-hose connected to city water-good water pressure in kitchen sink, bathroom shower and toilet—there is no pressure or water in the bathroom sink—We just left another campground with hookups this morning and all worked fine. Let me repeat-no water at all out of bathroom faucet and it worked perfectly at another campsite this morning—this makes no sense to me. I have done quite a bit of home plumbing and never seen anything like this—
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dennis
DennisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

From your description, it can only be that some sort of blockage due to sediment or component failure suddenly showed up in that faucet. Other than that, I haven't experienced that before in a camper. Is it only the hot or both cold and hot sides. I have seen sediment from an electric water heater that was old and about to fail cause a blockage in the hot water side of a kitchen faucet. But that was in a house.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
DennisB

Yes, both hot and cold water, only a slow dribble-I was just telling my wife that the only thing that made sense was a clog within the faucet and I would have to remove the faucet to clear it-that job may have to wait until this trip is over-not sure I want to take it apart while we are on the road-we need the rest of the system functioning-

Thanks for the reply
Old 03-21-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
DennisB

On reflection, I think I may stop at a Home Depot and buy another faucet-these are not expensive-I have looked underneath and it should not be hard to swap out-likely to be a lot easier than trying to fix this faucet-
Old 03-21-2021, 09:02 PM   #5
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Thinking more about my response above jogged my senior memory a little. The house blockage I mentioned was at my Mom's house and the main blockage actually occurred within the cut-off valve below the sink.

I can't remember for sure if our campers have cut-offs below the bathroom sink, since I haven't looked under there for a while. But if there are some, try closing and opening them both several times while under water pressure with the faucets open to see if that happens to free up anything.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:26 PM   #6
DennisB

Hey Old Stick!
While I was shopping for a new faucet online, the phrase “component failure”
From your post popped into my aging brain and I suddenly thought “aerator’’
-I unscrewed the aerator housing and it was clogged with a leafy type material-cleared it out and sink works fine.

Thanks for your input-saved me a lot of hassle
Dennis
Old 03-21-2021, 09:45 PM   #7
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Dennis, you and I must be psychic because you read my mind.

I was thinking some more and I remembered that the bathroom sink is always the lowest flow rate in the camper. I assume because of the small sink to reduce splashing. Then it dawned on me. Is there some type of of removable screen or filter on the tip that could get clogged?

Very glad you got it figured out.

Could be some sort of algae buildup with campers since they don't get used constantly. Now I'm going to take mine off and clean it next time I open it up the camper.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #8
BaconLover

Default Removing Aerator

I know this is an older post, but I’m having the same issue, and I’m guessing that it’s a clogged aerator, but I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the aerator from what appears to be a one piece faucet (stock bathroom faucet from a 2021 TM).

Do you need a special tool or does it unscrew in some special way? I feel like I’m going to break the plastic-y materials if I try to force it. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

To my knowledge all water taps have a removable aerator screen. Generally they are applied finger tight. I've had good success using a typical rubberized jar lid remover.

Dick
Attached Images

Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #10
BaconLover

Adding a picture, just in case this helps anyone…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6CE6253B-0073-49F5-A440-923F81525077.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	20157