TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
mmcretusn

Default Rear bumper receiver

I have a 2005 2720 SL with a rear bumper receiver bolted on. I haven't noticed any weight capacity info on it and the bolt/pin to hold the draw bar is vertical. Never saw one like that, don't know if this is for some special kind of rack, don't know if it was installed at the TM factory or after market. Can anyone shed some light on it for me. thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I have a 2005 TM 2720 with a factory installed rear hitch receiver. The sticker says it is rated for 100 pounds. The hole for the pin is in the normal horizontal position.

I have never used it. I thought I would use it to carry bikes or a cargo box but have never needed the additional capacity.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
agesilaus

I thought some one said the capacity is only 100#, it's just for a bike or two.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
mmcretusn

Thanks for the replies/help. I intend on mounting a small cargo box for my Lynx levelers, chocks, couple light camping chairs, etc. Shouldn't come anywhere near 100 lbs. I'll just drill a vertical hole in the drawbar. That'll be much easier than replacing a perfectly good receiver.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
BrigCA61

Has anyone used the camping box attached to the rear bumper hitch to transport a small Honda generator in?