TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Larry_Loo

Default Replacement of velcro (hooks) on walls

My wife and I just replaced all of the velcro strips on the inside walls of our 3124KS. Although our TM is a 1999 model, for some reason a few of the velcro strips were starting to come off. Therefore, we decided to change all of them. Scraping the old, rubbery adhesive off after softening it with paint thinner was the most time consuming part of the job. After removing all old adhesive, the new, adhesive backed velcro strips stuck on tightly.

Before doing this repair I looked in several stores for 1" wide velcro strips, to replace the 1" wide ones on our TM's walls. I couldn't find any of this width. For some strange reason the strips seem to be available only in 3/4" or 2" widths. Therefore I purchased a box of "Industrial Strength" velcro (made in Mexico) containing 18' lengths of both components. To facilitate cutting the 2" strips in half, I fabricated a wooden splitter, with a box knife blade, for this purpose. It resembles a leathercraft belt splitter. Splitting the 2" wide velcro strips then took all of 2 minutes to split 36' neatly into 1" widths.

Since I have no further use for this splitter, I am offering it to any TM owner who wants to change the velcro but can't find 1" wide strips. Packaged in a small box, the splitter will weigh 2-1/2 pounds. Just e-mail me if you want it and send me the amount of postage to cover shipping it to your address from my zip code, 93611. If there are several who might want to use it, perhaps you might send it on to another person after you're finished with it.

;D