TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #21
ED-n-KEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I am sure that everyone knows that a boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by wood, into which you pour money.
You beat me to it Wayne...

Got our first boat when I was about 10 yrs old.
We owned many boats over the years, doing everything from fishing, commercial trawling, skiing, and even camping in it.
Been in the Gulf where the water is so clear and blue you can see down a 100ft, and then have been in the marsh where we had to take turns getting out and pushing it through mud. Have caught countless Trout and Redfish, sharks, alligator gars, literally tons of shrimp, ..... as well as 500 lb mud balls, truck tires, and car parts......I have many fond memories, and some not so fond.
It's been about 10yrs since we've owned a boat... and on occasion, I miss owning one....and then I come to my senses.

Billy, I truly hope you have great experiences in your "new" boat. Be safe always. Congrats!!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Billy - you just need to add a front and rear shell that fold down for easy towing and then raise up and out once on the water to turn that thing into a nice houseboat
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #23
boater454

Billy, Where are you in TN? We boat all the time in East TN - mostly Watts Bar, Ft. Loudon, Tellico, Melton Hill, Norris. Many beautiful lakes. We mostly camp during cooler months once boating season's over! BTW I've been a boater for 37 years, we had an Ebbtide deck boat. I think they are very well built.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #24
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Here's a newsflash on the subject of boating: I bet I'm the only one on here who tows a boat behind our TM! It's a 16' jon boat with 25HP. At less than 500# (boat/motor/trailer), we haven't noticed any undo stress on the TM or TV. As an added bonus, we get better mileage in double-tow mode because we slow way down for safety (read sway) reasons. Had to rig up my own trailer wiring plug. Made a 7-prong input into TV that splits 7-prong for TM and a 4-flat for boat trailer. (Only used 6 prongs on TM because backup lights obviously become useless in DT mode.) Works well and entire 3-rig setup meets the double-tow laws where we run out here in CO/NE/KS. Someday we'll get a 14' car-topper V-bottom to eliminate double-towing, but for now this gets us out on the water...
Are you using the factory bolt on TM hitch & if so is it bolted or welded? Makes me wonder if the hitch could really be used for 3 MTN bikes.

I know of some friends with a fifth wheel that tow a couple of PWC behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-n-KEL View Post

Billy, I truly hope you have great experiences in your "new" boat. Be safe always. Congrats!!

Thanks we are really looking forward to Spring now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDog View Post
Billy - you just need to add a front and rear shell that fold down for easy towing and then raise up and out once on the water to turn that thing into a nice houseboat
That would be something for sure, Water Manor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater454 View Post
Billy, Where are you in TN? We boat all the time in East TN - mostly Watts Bar, Ft. Loudon, Tellico, Melton Hill, Norris. Many beautiful lakes. We mostly camp during cooler months once boating season's over! BTW I've been a boater for 37 years, we had an Ebbtide deck boat. I think they are very well built.
We are in Nashville area so we plan on spending allot of time on Old Hickory & surrounding lakes. We also plan on going to Center Hill making two trips, One with TM second with boat.

We only have one more year on our company truck which will free up allot of income to go camping further away.

WOW that is a long time come to think of it you have almost been boating longer than I have been alive. I have always liked boating just never been in the position to take the risk on being a boat owner. I was always afraid of loosing too much money on a new boat just in case I was one of the ones that fit the old saying. You know the one about the Two Happiest Days in a Boaters Life.

We had a client that bought this boat new & never really used it much. We had been in before & knew how they took care of it so it was a GREAT 1st boat for us. We have already been asked if we want to sell it by a few people including a EBBtide Factory Employee believe it or not.

I plan on cleaning her up really good inside & out. There is a little chalking on the Hull so I am sure I have some work ahead of me getting it all smoothed out.

So far so good there isn't that many things broke & my neighbor told me he thought it was a new boat it looked so good.

My list of issues is as follows:

1. Dash Lights not working UPDATE:Fixed
2. A few scrapes here & there on hull
3. Minor Skeg Damage
4. "Trailer Surge" Brake MC was very low on fluid.
5. Might need a new winch Strap just to be safe.
6. Both Captains chairs have small spot where a seem is slightly separating in lower lumbar area.
7. One speaker in stereo is broken.
8. Pull Strap for Bow cooler is in need of repair.
9. Carpet needs cleaning badly along with all interior.
10. Exterior needs a good cleaning & buffing.
11. Trailer wiring needs replaced just to make things easier to fix.
12. Steering wheel has hair line cracks in one side.

So far this is a complete list & IMO for the age is very minor issues.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #25
Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
Are you using the factory bolt on TM hitch & if so is it bolted or welded? Makes me wonder if the hitch could really be used for 3 MTN bikes.
Billy, mine's an aftermarket hitch installed by a local hitch dealer that the TM dealer recommends. Not sure if they bolted or welded it, and it's currently out in a storage facility so I can't do a quick look underneath. (Sorry.) Regardless, I feel I'm putting less stress on the TM by towing a relatively light load versus hanging 3 bikes off of it. My trailer tongue weight is roughly 50-60 pounds and that force is applied right at the hitch (i.e. no moment arm). With respect to the TM, I worry more about the twisting forces associated with hanging weight off the hitch vs pulling a rolling load. In the case of hanging 3 bikes, the twisting torque force on the TM gets exacerbated by bouncing over bumps and the distance the bikes are away from the hitch (moment = radius x force). Only way to reasonably know is talk to the factory reps. If you go ahead and do it, of course put the lightest bike on the outside (furthest from the hitch) to minimize the torque force on the TM.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #26
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I am sure that everyone knows that a boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by wood, into which you pour money.
or spelled another way .. boat ...Bring On Another Thousand

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Well Guys we have put allot of $$$$s into the Camping also so what do we call the TM?

I have now fixed the Dash Lights though at a $0.00 cost LOL

2008 3023

Old 05-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Hey Guys I havent been here for a while due to business & the new Toy. We have been having a BLAST on getting the Break Out Another Thousand ready & now we have been out on ours instead of friends & so far we are hooked already thinking of a Bigger Express Cruiser.

Camping is on back burner for now no trips planned just having fun on water accept when we float up to Marina Pumps $4.46 gal now & it cost us nothing less than $60.00 every trip so far along with dining at Marina Restaurant.

2008 3023