TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Ruby Ray

Default How to fix bathroom wall coming apart.

Our bathroom wall is coming apart.

We have a 2005 2720sl and our walls are coming apart at the corner shelf area. The wall the door is attached to and the wall by the kitchen sink are pulling apart. You can seen the nails. My husband took a rubber mallet and put them back together, but they did not stay. We are considering using a strong wood glue and clamps to repair. HELP!

Can anyone suggest any better way/idea? Do I need to ask the TM factory?Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ray View Post

We have a 2005 2720sl and our walls are coming apart at the corner shelf area. The wall the door is attached to and the wall by the kitchen sink are pulling apart. You can seen the nails. My husband took a rubber mallet and put them back together, but they did not stay. We are considering using a strong wood glue and clamps to repair. HELP!

Can anyone suggest any better way/idea? Do I need to ask the TM factory?Thanks
The best start would be pictures of the damage, so appropriate fixes could be recommended.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
coulter

Quote:

We had a similar problem after a particularly bumpy stretch of highway last summer, it was at the top of the wall with the mirror and door attached, it separated about 3/4 of an inch and looked like it would just continue to come apart until it completely fell to pieces. Like you we were able to pound it back together with a rubber mallet, but each time we moved the problem repeated.

We fixed it by filling the crack with liquid nails, and then gently prying the plastic trim piece at the top of the wall back and screwing flat sided braces like at the bottom of this page, http://www.profhdwr.com/bracket.htm to the wood between the wall boards. While we were at it we reinforced all the bathroom walls with braces at the top to prevent any other place from separating.

We just returned from a 5000 mile trip and the walls are staying together so far.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Ruby Ray

Thank you so much for your reply. I will pass this on to my husband. Maybe it will work for us too.