TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
retiredgoat

Smile Close to owning a used 3326 KING 2001

Hello All,

Wow what a great bunch of people on this site, your help and interest for those who are looking and have purchased is outstanding. It sure is a welcome to the whole Camping world. Thanks.
I'm purchasing an 2001 3326 KING very soon from an out of state dealer (I'm in Fla, dealer in NY) for $11,500.00. It's in very good shape from all the pic's he has sent, no marks , scraps, dirt or wear at all thats easy to pick out.

The unit still rides without the lift kit or any mods of that fact.

My question is: the distance between the bolts that hold axle to the frame, this is important so I can make a three inch lift kit myself (metal works shop done for me) and if possible the length of the lift kit or tubing used?

I've read close to all the posts and some reread to let it sink in along with other sites so as to get a good feel for the direction to head in first for mods and adjustments to be made, I would greatly accept any and all hint's, tips and knowledge in this area of mods and upgrades.

Thanks again
Bob
Old 04-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Welcome to the group. And thanks for becoming a sponsor right up front. I think you'll really enjoy your 3326, and as you have seen, you'll get lots of help from this group.

I would be glad to take measurements of the lift kit parts on my 2720SL. However, I can't guarantee that they would be appropriate for your TM. For example, I don't know if the 3326 has two lift tubes on each side (one for each axle) or one long lift tube. I would assume the former, so that the two sets of bolt holes would be independent of each other - but I don't KNOW.

I'll wait a few days and see if anyone with a closer match answers your question.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
retiredgoat

Default Thanks Bill

I'm sure the angle iron welded to the frame for the axle is just right where each axle bracket is so it would be two separate lift spacers for each side. I can't see the company spending more money on extra metal.

Thanks again Bill
Old 04-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure it is angle iron. I seem to recall rectangular steel tube, about 2" high, inch-and-a-half wide, and 8 inches long.

There was a photo on the board, but it was posted before the board re-org so it is gone now. I'll see if I can get a pic of mine.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
retiredgoat

Default Oppps

Hey Bill,

The angle iron I was talking about is the part thats welded to the frame of the TM and the axle set under it. I did see the the pic of an lift kit mod on this forum with the 2.5 X 2.5 inch .25 inch thick rectangular steel tube.

Thanks for the quick turn around.

I looked at the dexter axle web page and their specs are 10 inch long bracket with 8 inch spread on the bolt holes, this of course is the newest axle and I'm buying an 2001 so it could have changed ya know.

There is so much to play with on an camper I can't wait. hahahaha