TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
central_texan

Question Trailmanor Caravan to Alaska? ? ?

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in getting a caravan of Trailmanors together and making a trip to Alaska and back. My wife and I have wanted to do this for many years and now that we are retired, the time has come. I think it would be a more enjoyable experience if we could connect with some like minded people and share the experiences along the way.
We are thinking that about six to eight weeks would be about right to make a leisurely but interesting trip to our northern neighbor.
We are in central Texas so we could pick up anyone along the way or meet at some previously agreed upon site to join the caravan. I've never been on a caravan of any length, but I don't think it would be too difficult if planned properly. If anyone would be interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].
Looking forward to some takers.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
utahsue

Default Maybe. . .

We have been considering a 6-week trip to Alaska, but we also have our hearts set on attending the Jubliee in Colorado this summer and don't know if we can do both. Are you talking about this summer or next?

Keep us in mind, and I will keep watching this thread.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Freedom

We have talked about driving up to Alaska. So far we have not made any firm plans, other than not this year since we'll probably head east - Williamsburg, D.C., Gatlinburg, Lake City, etc. One thing I would like to suggest for those who go is, take along some FRS radios. We had a family reunion in Oaxaca, Mexico a few years ago and the radios were indispensable. We never could have made it around Mexico City without them - at least not as a group. Even for just calling for a potty stop or gas it was nice to be able to communicate.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
central_texan

Default Additional info

I would think that the trip should start around the first part of July. That would allow us to be in Alaska during the fishing season. I don't know when it starts, but I was there several years ago and it was still open in early August. I would prefer to go this summer but could be persuaded to wait until next if we could get adequate numbers together.