TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
kchamb1206

Default Lets Hide the Velcro

I have never thought too highly of the velcro on the wall to hold the vinyl covers up during closing and when I recently replaced all the velcro they stuck out like a sore thumb because it is so white compared to the wall.

Out of curiousity I went to the TM site, downloaded all the TM pics and then blew them up to view the walls in detail for velcro. In one pic I thought I saw some velcro but I saw none in any of the other pics. So the question is: does everyone else have velcro on their walls to hold up the flaps? Do the newer models still use this or has TM gone to another method? If not, then how come I don't see it in their ad pictures? Can you get an off white colored velcro from the TM factory that would blend into the walls better? Has anyone figured out a way to disguise the velcro or another modification to hold up the flaps during closure.

I think the velcro makes an otherwise good looking interior look a little tacky (pardon the pun).
Old 02-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

The whole world wonders!!! Cheers, Dick
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I don't like the looks of it that much either, but it seems to be a basic necessity in the TM's. And it does peel off the walls if you're not careful in carefully separating the strips that hold things together, you know, how you have to run your finger between them?

How about magnetic strips imbedded in the walls and in the flaps? Would that work?

The velcro picks up fuzzy stuff from our pillows that lay against the walls, and then it's even more visible. I spent quite some time picking out the green fuzzies so it didn't look so bad.

What else might work? Ideas, anyone?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Bill & Lisa

How about mounting small and lightweight shelves over the velcro? I plan to make some out of multiple layers of foam core board, paint them to match the interior, and use them for picture ledges.

The one by the sink I use to hold up my power strip. It's not pretty, but it hides the velcro and puts power where I need it.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
greasyford

If you are crafty, you might try making some borders that can be held by the velcro.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
djkeltn

Default yes the new ones also have it

You asked about the new models...

We just bought a new 2009 3124KS and it does have velcro.

Right now it fits well and did function as a small shelf on our first camping trip.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I thought the newer models had the round beige plastic velco dots. Ed at the factory sent me some due to the vinyl lifting in one area. It looks much better and we have replaced some of the strips of velcro in the TM with them.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
djkeltn

Default You are correct

Since I am new to these great TM's... I did not know about the older velcro

You are right, we have a small disk made of a velcro like stuff... Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
PopBeavers

We use the ledge behind the dinette seat on the curbise as a place to store keys, cell phones, etc.

I have thought of building a short narro long storage box with compartments so that these things don't fall off. So far I have never built one.

I was planning on using the Velcro on the walls to hold this thing in place so that it did not fall. That would cover up the ugly Velcro.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #10
Gary&Mary

We have a 2007 that has Velcro strips, many of which are pulling loose from the wall. I emailed Adam at TM about the Velcro Dots several of you have mentioned but no response.

Gary