TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
MisterP

BaileysMom - you would have to jack the trailer up a bit and slide the dolly under each wheel. Certainly not practical if you use the trailer often, but it would allow you to move the trailer anywhere you please. I have seen aircraft moved around with these things, assuming you have a relatively smooth floor.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
Forrest K

Smile Wheel dollies

Why don't you invest in a pair of wheel dollies. You can get them for about 100.00 each. Put one under each tire and you can move your TM easy any where you need to. The "LA" shop and many auto parts stores sell them. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
Laura FM

We have a 19 ft long garage- with a 7 foot clearance. Our last trailer was 19ft 3inches. We managed to get it into our garage because there is no sheet rock so the end of the hitch would have to fit in between the studs. We are also borderline on the height, and our driveway is long and more than just a little sloped. Military precision was needed to get that thing in and we use this. http://www.powercaster.com/

Our new TM is much shorter, which makes my husband very happy.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
moaboy

I have a 3 car garage and have fit my 2720 into either the single or double door-obviously double door is easier. It really helps to have another set of eyes and a dolly. The more level the better as others have indicated. Very doable. And nice to have tm close at hand. Good luck. And just take it real slow.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
CrazyCampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest K View Post
Why don't you invest in a pair of wheel dollies. You can get them for about 100.00 each. Put one under each tire and you can move your TM easy any where you need to. The "LA" shop and many auto parts stores sell them. Just a suggestion.
I guess the question I have is whether by wheel dollies you mean car skates or hydraulic dollies. We tried to use car skates to move our 2720 in our garage and it did not work well. The tires rotated and the wheel skates flew out. I would be very careful if you try using car skates under the tires. What we use now is a pair of hydraulic dollies under the tires with two car skates under the two front jacks. Theoretically you could use the tongue jack instead of putting car skates under the front jacks, but it moves much easier this way. My DH does this by himself and has the TM tucked exactly where he wants it within ten minutes.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
camp2canoe

Ahh, the luxury of being able to store a camper in the garage... since trading our 2619 last fall we've been paying $58.00/month to store our traditional TT on the opposite side of town. We're leaving today for the Trailblazers rally near Fond du Lac, Wisconsin and as we hooked up last night, we've been blocking the sidewalk overnight - another problem we didn't have with the TM.

Three thoughts based on years of storing a TM in a garage with bare inches to spare with the single doors. First, life is easier with a front hitch. Second, a manual trailer dolly makes it much easier to move the TM than relying on the jack's nosewheel. (But it is easy to lose control of the TM even on a very slight incline - ask me how I know!) Third, rather than painting lines on the floor, use a physical stop for the rear tires. In the best of worlds I'd probably have used a concrete tire stop or pinned a 4X4 into the grage floor. I used a cheaper method - the local big box store sells tubes of sand to carry in your trunk for winter traction. Two of them laid in the contrete floor stop the TM exactly where you want it with no spotter needed.

Do we miss our TM of 8 years? You bet! On the other hand, not having to crawl over a significant other if you get up in the middle of the night is pretty nice. Having a roomy shower with no curtain ranks pretty high. Our heated underbelly makes three season camping much more practical. And have I mentioned the glories of a porcelain flush toilet? - camp2canoe

Tags
garage storage