TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
boze man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
Yeah, getting the couch to fold out is a bit of a trick.

I find it is easier to do if you take the seat back and the two side cushion off (it was a while before I noticed you could take them off). Next you kind of wiggle and slide the seat bottom until it engages the track and then it will slide out and lock. Then you put the seat back into the open space and you have a bed.

When we switch to camp mode we normally slide the bed out. As a couch the TM couch is a bit lame. If you put it into bed mode you can pack pillows as seat back cushions and then you have a nice couch with storage under the couch. Actually, Lady likes to sleep under couch as it makes a nice den for her.

Boze Man, I am not sure where the heater is located, but I think it is in the couch. You might not be able to just remove the couch...

Foard
Unfortunately the kids only tent idea is out for now unless we are in there with the kiddos....wife not hip to that idea yet after those bear attacks last summer which were to close to home... she wouldnt be comfortable with the kids outside alone. oh well.

yes the heater is located in the coach...so best to leave alone and attempt a diff solution....aerobed, cot etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
boze man

Quote:
A common complaint but I never seen it stop someone from buying a TM. We had been looking at 3023s and 3124s and the fact that the 3023 did not have the king bed never proved a show stopper. We just lucked out and found a 3326 for what we wanted.There are a number of foldup tables available from Camping World, Cabelas, Bass Pro. These rollup tables sell for around $55-$65.

Compact Folding Table

The one that is being sold now (above) is a much improved version of Sassy & I use. Ours does not allow you to make it smaller like the one above does. When we are cowboy matches we can easily seat four at the table with all the goodies on it. Its great, I cannot say enough good thing about it. We use it outside since we are eating or entertaining with the other cowboys at these matches.

With it fully open its 48"x27". Half size (what a great improvement!!!) its 28.5"x27". You can cutout some cardboard and see all of you can sit around the table in the space a 2720SL affords. Its biggest advantage is that when you are done it rolls up into the size of a camp chair (without measuring its 4'x6"x6") that you can carry like a camp chair (light/strong too) and stow either in the couch or the rear storage on your 2720...
that table is a definite option...like the sizability...now why didnt i think of that!

the queen bed issue isnt really an issue...just trying to address some potential issues up front so as to not have buyers remorse on the back end. if we went pop-up route would have similar bed setup.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
boze man

Spoke with owner...if/when the weather finally clears we are going to open it outside in the sun.

He also wasnt sure if there was the 15" tires and/or factory lift installed. Is it possible to install the factory lift and 15's after the fact? Any pics of lift installed so i could looksee under the unit?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The reason we bought our 2720 (regular model) is that it has 3 separate beds. We visited both a 2720SL and a regular 2720 before we bought ours and felt that the regular 2720 would work best for our family of 4. Plus you get a dining table that fits 4 people.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
ng2951

If you are worried about bears the Starcraft 13rt is not going to offer much in the bear protection category.

One thing you will find out about the TM is that it does offer that openess feeling in a hardside. Most lightweight trailers do not have windows in all directions like TMs do. About the only window you cannot look out of easily is the bathroom window. Most lightweight hardsides have windows on only 2 or 3 walls.

I agree with the other poster that the straight 2720 probably is the right floor plan for you. However, the SL with an airbed ought to work fine. If you leave the couch in bed mode using extra pillows as couch back, you can stow the deflated airbed under the couch (along with other things).

I can see being without the wardrobe. We kind of like ours since it gives us our own little room (with three windows). That is nice when the pardette takes her afternoon nap and she can close the curtains for just her and the dogs. Lady loves to sleep under the TV shelf on the king bed by the bathroom; its her own little cubby.

One huge advantage over the Starcraft will be the bathroom. Sassy & I looked at tent campers first. I took one look at the bathroom and saw that I was going to have to get up at midnight and take the dogs for a walk. That did not appeal to me. That hardside bathroom is very nice. It may be small, but it beats a wetbath any day of the week or an unscheduled midnight walk...
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
boze man

Quote:
If you are worried about bears the Starcraft 13rt is not going to offer much in the bear protection category.

One thing you will find out about the TM is that it does offer that openess feeling in a hardside. Most lightweight trailers do not have windows in all directions like TMs do. About the only window you cannot look out of easily is the bathroom window. Most lightweight hardsides have windows on only 2 or 3 walls.

I agree with the other poster that the straight 2720 probably is the right floor plan for you. However, the SL with an airbed ought to work fine. If you leave the couch in bed mode using extra pillows as couch back, you can stow the deflated airbed under the couch (along with other things).

I can see being without the wardrobe. We kind of like ours since it gives us our own little room (with three windows). That is nice when the pardette takes her afternoon nap and she can close the curtains for just her and the dogs. Lady loves to sleep under the TV shelf on the king bed by the bathroom; its her own little cubby.

One huge advantage over the Starcraft will be the bathroom. Sassy & I looked at tent campers first. I took one look at the bathroom and saw that I was going to have to get up at midnight and take the dogs for a walk. That did not appeal to me. That hardside bathroom is very nice. It may be small, but it beats a wetbath any day of the week or an unscheduled midnight walk...
Bears!...I not to worried but I guess it in the back of the wifes mind...but def something to consider.

I prefer the tent camper but the more i think of the TM the more I like it....
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
boze man

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
The reason we bought our 2720 (regular model) is that it has 3 separate beds. We visited both a 2720SL and a regular 2720 before we bought ours and felt that the regular 2720 would work best for our family of 4. Plus you get a dining table that fits 4 people.
Agree...would be best for us as well but this is only used unit locally...sometimes ya get what ya get....funny thing is there is another about 2hrs away and it is a 2720SL as well.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
boze man

Well Well Well...the choice may be made by the garage door....I just double checked the opening and I assumed the opening was 8'x8'...

but in fact the door is 8'x8' so the opening is 7'10" (94") wide by 8' high (96")...so it seems like this unit will not fit width? Height isnt even a problem.

This is a 2005 unit but the 2011 specs say outside width 7'7" + add 5" for awning and clearance lights...so that would put it at 8'...UGH

ThePair is going to measure his garage opening so we shall see....but his unit is modified to fit...I think i read somewhere where he has a quick remove for awning and some kind of mod for the lights...

Again thanks all for the advice...will keep ya updated!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
boze man

Found ThePair's discussion on fitting a 2720 into a single garage door opening....even with the suggested mods it is starting to look like I wont make it....lets see what Marc has to say
Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I'll measure, but I think my opening is like 8' and an inch or so. The 7' 7" measure is very misleading. I found that the awning really only adds ~2", because the lights on each side are close to 2".

I'll post as soon as I can get tape measure to doorframe!
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote