TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
SSpeed

Default Closing question

Odd question.

Can these things be folded down when you are in them? Would hate the idea of being crushed in the middle of the night, during a windy night, or possibly someone closing it on you. Is there any safety mechanism on the inside that would keep it from doing this?

Getting excited, going to pick up my trailmanor tomorrow.Hopefully it will be a good 1st trailer for my family. Looking forward to camping this summer.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
retiredgoat

The answer is no because it would require the beds to be pushed in all the way then the closet moved over and laid down and all of the covers/flapps that are velcro down would have to be pulled up, so as you can see it takes a lot of stuff being moved and stowed.

I've never felt safer in an TT as in my TM it is a well built unit. Hope this answered your question, I know it's hard to envision all the moving parts but once they are all in place your safe as a bug in a rug. HAHAHAHA

Bob
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeed View Post
Odd question.

Can these things be folded down when you are in them? Would hate the idea of being crushed in the middle of the night, during a windy night, or possibly someone closing it on you. Is there any safety mechanism on the inside that would keep it from doing this?

Getting excited, going to pick up my trailmanor tomorrow.Hopefully it will be a good 1st trailer for my family. Looking forward to camping this summer.
Not to worry about being closed in -- it requires action(s) both inside and outside in order to close it. You will see when you get yours

Hope you enjoy your TM!

Tim
Old 04-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

There are also sliding bolts that lock the bed/beds or slide out sofa into place. Then there are those silver bars that hold things together too.

We have camped in very windy conditions and had no problems with anything moving out of place.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
Scott O

Absolutely no chance of what you asked ever happening. There are multiple steps (as others have mentioned) both inside and outside the TM which must be accomplished before the trailer can be closed. It is a pretty darn safe and secure trailer...
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
ng2951

I don't see how unless the wind is blowing so hard that the trailer starts rolling in some direction. If you are worried about people doing this while you are inside, they really cannot.

Besides that we can just let out our attack dacshund who will be glad to rip out their ankles...