TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #21
M&M Hokie

Welcome to the family! Congratulations on the new toy.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
Redhawk

Way to go! Keep us posted on how goes it.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #23
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
....One question, when we tested taking down the bathroom walls, the power went out, then came back on when the put the wall all the way down. Is that normal? We closed it up twice and it did the exact same thing, but everything else electrical seems fine.....
This is not normal. The power should go out when the wall is down and not come back on until the rear bath wall is set back up. There is either a defective switch in the bath wall, a short in the wiring or most likely a misadjusted switch in the wall.

The power must be off to the rear roof while traveling. The motion of the rear shell while traveling can turn on the lights over the bed. These lights will overheat when on and compressed between the roof and the bed. They can ignite the bed covers and you could find that you are towing a fireball.

You can remove the 12 volt fuse for the rear shell lights to prevent this while towing the TM home.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I'm not too worried about the fridge not working as we have already agreed to a price verbally (well, in ASL-American Sign Language). Getting a unit in showroom condition under $12k sounds like a deal since it's just right down the road. Everything seems to work, save the bathroom wall questionable issue. It was custom ordered and only used a couple of times five years ago.

I'll post an update once we get it home. Went to Wally World tonight and picked up a 2" hitch that I'll put on my Tahoe tomorrow and see what I need to add to the towing package to make it work. Think I need to figure out the brake system and how that hooks up to the Tahoe. We purchased a towing package when the TV was new, but I've got to work on that tomorrow. Also grabbed a couple of locks since it will be in the street for a few days. No HOA rules like my parents house. Just don't know about the propane tanks. It looks like they are custom tanks, but most places around here do an exchange program, so I'll have to find out how that works. Never used propane before, just seen my friends use it for their grills. I'm sure there is something in the forum. I've been reading all the info about owning a used TM, so I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

I'm so excited, I just can't believe my dh actually said, "Is this waht you want?". Said "Yes" and he said "Fine, negotiate a price". I used blue book value for the TM with the accessories and offered to pay the next day. The owner said that she accepts my offer. We'll bring it home tomorrow. I can't wait to get it home and start working on getting it ready for a test run in the driveway.

Dh likes to tinker with our cars, so I'm sure he'll get in the mood to start tinkering once I get it open and checking everything out again. They have the original owners manual form 2005, so I'll start by reading that first.

The son wants to travel to Boston or NC next month. Not sure if a long trip is a good idea with a new-to-us used TM. Who knows, maybe it will be better than tent camping? Sure hope so.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I'm going to love being a part of the TM family!
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #25
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Brought home the TM. O.K., Not going to believe this, but when we signed the title, it says it was a 2006 model. She said she ordered in 2005, so she must have thought it was a 2005 model. Anyway, guess I got a better deal than we thought. She was fine with it. She was just ready to move on. Anyway, we could only find a 3.5" drop trailer hitch at Walmart yesterday, so it towed a bit low. Need a straight hitch. Also, being our first camper, didn't know tht it was a 30 amp connection, so can't plug into the TM in to the house. Hubby says that it would fry the wiring if we did. Live and learn. Set-up, took down, but it really got a bit too dark to finish playing with our new toy. Our neighbors are quite impressed with it.

Still not sure what to do with propane tanks. I think I'll get an external battery and look at the ball bearings tomorrow. Dh said it's my toy!

Yeah!!! Guess I have to update my signature.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congratulations on your purchase, hope you will have many fun camping trips with it! Summer is here and it's time to camp.

You should be able to plug the TM into the house power without a problem, all you need is a simple adapter plug. Try to find an outlet on a higher amp rating or don't turn everything on in the TM at once to prevent tripping the circuit breaker at the house.

The 2720SL's (and the other slide models) have horizontal tanks, they are a bit more effort to take off than the upright tanks, and they cost more to replace. We used to have on in our cabover camper many years ago. There are threads here about them if you do a search for "horizontal tanks" you should be able to find more discussion about those.

Happy Camping!

Dee
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #27
rothko1

Congrats!
We (me and the daughters) got one earlier this year and have been out several times since. Very fun and much better than tent camping IMHO. I had always done tent camping prior to using a friends' trailmanor and could not go back after. Enjoy!
Jim
Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #28
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Default Adapter is the easy part...

tgpnd1,

The adapter is the easy part and is available at any RV or even at most Hardware stores. Here is a link showing the one we sell. It just plugs on to the end of the TM cord and adapts it to a normal 120 Volt household outlet.

You just can't turn on more than 20 Amps worth of things at a time or it will trip the breaker in the house. I am able to run the air conditioner and a few lights, but am always carefull not to turn on too much. Sort of like "Green Acres", if anybody remembers that .

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #29
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wire View Post
tgpnd1,

The adapter is the easy part and is available at any RV or even at most Hardware stores. Here is a link showing the one we sell. It just plugs on to the end of the TM cord and adapts it to a normal 120 Volt household outlet.

You just can't turn on more than 20 Amps worth of things at a time or it will trip the breaker in the house. I am able to run the air conditioner and a few lights, but am always carefull not to turn on too much. Sort of like "Green Acres", if anybody remembers that .

Keith
Oh, so you can run the A.C.? It's a RVP model 2202-876, rated 13,500 BTU for the heat, but not sure how many amps the AC draws. I'm going to get an adapter later today. Saw one at the store when I bought the hitch. Need to get a different hitch anyway. Need a straight one without the drop.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #30
MisterP

I personally would NOT hook up any TM 30 amp plug with an adapter into a 20 amp house circuit and run the air conditioning.

You will overload this circuit, if you don't trip the breaker in the house you will be running low voltage into the A/C which over time will shorten its life.

If you plan to run A/C at home, pay an electrician to install a dedicated 30 amp circuit than you can hook up the trailer just like in a campground.

My storage lot has 120 v circuits for maintenance and battery charging, but if I use the adapter for the TM I only run the battery charger and perhaps some lights and the power fan.