TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
KParis

Wink Calculated weight and actual height of new 2011's

Hi,

Thanks to the help of so many of you, I am getting my new 2011 2619 Trailmanor is about two weeks. As usual, I am still concerned about the weight since the tow vehicle is probably going to be a Nissan Pathfinder with a wheelbase of 112.2 inches, a tow capacity of 6000 pounds and max. tongue weight of 600 pounds. Its GVWR is 6113 and its GCWR is 11,113. When I plug these figures into the Changin' Gears calculator, it gives me a maximum trailer weight of 3600 pounds (with a 10% safety factor). It also gives the maximum tongue rating of 540 pounds. Now I just want to make sure I have this right. The 3600 pounds is the max. trailer weight and this figure includes the tongue weight. 1. Right? I don't think it is taking the 3600 pounds max. weight rating they gave and adding the 540 tongue weight. That would go beyond the GVWR of the trailer (4023 I think of hand).

I am sure I will have more questions later if I can't find them in the forum. We are planning on taking a shake down run the middle of Oct. with other friends who have trailers (but not Trailmanors).

Here is a shocker: the height of the TM in the brochure with the low profile AC is supposed to be 78.75 inches. Well, it is 81 inches because a 2" lift kit is installed on these new TM's (at least the ones in the west). My garage door height is only 81". Whew!! But with your advise, I can release the pin of my auto door and get another 3" so I should be okay. As a last resort, air will come out of the tires (to be put back in once it is cozy in the garage). Hope I don't have to do that.

By the way, Custom RV in Anaheim is fabulous to work with (Gena and Matt). No question goes unanswered and they are VERY patient. They are delivering the TM to my door in Washington and training us on the spot because they have to go to another spot in WA to pick up a trailer. Very nice gesture on their part. I highly recommend them and no, I wasn't paid for this advertisement :-).

Thanks for all your help. Will post the weights, etc. if someone would like to know later.

Take care, Kathy Paris