TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
TM_Matt

Default Suggestions

This is a very useful forum and I appreciate all the work and participation here. If I might, here are some suggestions. If any of these are user error, let me know!

The logo at the top is a bit ostentatious and undermines privacy in an open environment - can it be smaller? http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...mownerlogo.jpg

I like the vbulletin forums which have a consistent look and feel but this one seems to have some different settings. It would be nice if you could continue to see prior day's postings under "new posts" or "today's posts". This would allow voracious readers to keep on going readily. This is possible within a given forum but not with new or today's. This is normally available with other vbulletin forums I visit.

Thanks much.
Matt
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
mac_falls

First, are you a TrailManor owner? Which I did not see in your post. I like the feel of OUR forum just the way it is. You say, The logo at the top is a bit ostentatious and undermines privacy in an open environment, maybe when you become an owner this feeling will change & fellow workers will be wishing they had one!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Scott O

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your positive posts in the future. I do disagree with your comments on the current vBulletin format. I like the logo the way it is as it seems to be very visually pleasing to me. I'm not interested in any privacy issues. Of course, I am not using this site in the sort of environment where it is inappropriate. As far as the way this incarnation of vBulletin is implemented, I enjoy using it just the way it is. In fact, I wish other sites were as user friendly as this one is. Maybe they should be the ones changing!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your positive posts in the future. I do disagree with your comments on the current vBulletin format. I like the logo the way it is as it seems to be very visually pleasing to me. I'm not interested in any privacy issues. Of course, I am not using this site in the sort of environment where it is inappropriate. As far as the way this incarnation of vBulletin is implemented, I enjoy using it just the way it is. In fact, I wish other sites were as user friendly as this one is. Maybe they should be the ones changing!
Because of the content of that post, I am hesitant to click on that link. I just don't get that type of a newbie post and I am very suspicious of links from anyone that I don't know/trust.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Because of the content of that post, I am hesitant to click on that link. I just don't get that type of a newbie post and I am very suspicious of links from anyone that I don't know/trust.
I Clicked It..... All It Does Is Show The Trailmanor Logo At The Top Of The Page
Old 06-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
rumbleweed

My $.02.
I wish all forums were as well maintained and user friendly as this one. Spam barely gets a chance to have the ink dry and it is gone. We don't need to change anything.

Bob
Old 06-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
TM_Matt

Sorry the message was over the top. No offense intended. On the ability to read more by continuing to the "next oldest", moderator is welcome to PM me for illustration.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Certainly no offense was taken, Matt. All information and suggestions are welcome, even if we don't act on them. It is one of the things I enjoy about this board - no one flames anyone else for making a suggestion.

As to using the "NEW POSTS" button, I can't help you because I don't use it. As a moderator, I need to see each new post in the context of the previous posts - and of course the "NEW POSTS" button doesn't present any history. Perhaps others can help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
PopBeavers

I exclusively use the new posts button. I read at least 90 percent of the posts.

The only time I do not use new posts is when I want to search for something.

Most of the other forums I use do not have a global new posts button, so it is a lot more work to find everything that has been updated since the last time I looked.

I might logon and use new posts as many as 10 times a day at times.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
MariaG

I follow pretty much the same procedure as you do, Wayne. I check in at least once a day and usually more.

And I think the logo is very streamlined and simple, not really over the top at all. I use Firefox, maybe it looks different on other browsers. Some forums I visit are so colorful and bright with animations and sparkle text and so on that I can barely read the posts, this one seems very uncluttered to me.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote