TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
On one trip I discovered that 100 feet of water hose was not long enough to refill my tank. Fortunately I also carry two 6 gallon collapsible water containers.

On one trip I wished I had slightly more than one bag of Lego blocks. I now have two bags.

On one trip I discovered that I had a sudden desperate need for ant spray.

I would really hate to have the toilet fuse trip in the middle of the night and find out that I did not have a spare fuse.
That's why I have an excel spreadsheet packing list of things that I bring with me that contains over 250 items. Call me crazy, but something always comes in handy.

The last trip we took, we blew an inline fuse (twice) for our battery charger line. I had spares (plus a couple left over). The flashlight bulb burned out. I had a spare (plus several other flashlights, including a wind-up one and a solar one). The hinges on the campsite cupboards weren't tight, so I added some screws and tightened the others.

When we're camping the last thing I want to do is have to drive into town to buy stuff (if they have it where we are) when I'd rather go exploring, or fishing, or just spending the day at the lakeshore.

I feel that the better prepared you are, the better time you'll have camping. You can deal with more of the things that happen when you're far from home and stores.