TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #21
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I just got my DVD as well, and enjoyed watching your presentation, Wayne. Very well organized. It was obvious you spent a fair amount of time preparing, so thanks for putting it together. And while you may have some gray hair, you have way more hair than me.

Thanks also to Andy & George for filming & editing. I know from experience how much time and effort that stuff takes....

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #22
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I just got my DVD as well, and enjoyed watching your presentation, Wayne. Very well organized. It was obvious you spent a fair amount of time preparing, so thanks for putting it together. And while you may have some gray hair, you have way more hair than me.

Thanks also to Andy & George for filming & editing. I know from experience how much time and effort that stuff takes....

Dave
Actually, it took less time to prepare for it than it did for me to present it.

I created an outline, starting with the first foil as an overview, then creating some bullets for each item.

My wife converted this to power point slides, which she uses often and I almost never do. I helped her find a few pictures to add to the power point slides to make it look more interesting. She printed the handouts (don't tell her boss).

Before we left the house for the rally I grabbed every thing I had that was mentioned in the slides for "show and tell". I found out just how heavy my generator and Pit-2-Go really are when I held them up!

I had around 5 hidden items in my copy of the slides to jog my memory. The rest of it I just rambled on and "winged it".

I think my experience and passion for dry camping made it easy to do. I did stumble along at times.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for saying so. In the beginning I had no idea what people would think of it. I never thought it would go past the West Coast rally attendees, but I know some copies have been shipped out of California.

I think George did the most work. He did all the video editing and also added the fade in/out in the upper left corner of the individual items. He also found better images on the web than I did. I'm sure that took a fair amount of time.

But if Andy had not recorded it, then we would have lost it all.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
Gwenzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Thanks also to Andy & George for filming & editing.
I think I'll add a special thanks to Andy for not only filming Wayne's most excellent presentation but for also putting up with my constant whining about how much trouble I was having during the editing process, and for being patient with my constant production delays.

Thanks Andy.

George
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #24
Shandysplace

Default DVD Production Team

We mustn't forget Larry Zieminski who did the duplication and the fancy DVD labels.

Between the DVDs being held for distribution at Pismo and those already shipped, we've about half left of Larry's original production run of 25.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #25
Elderdude

Barb and I will not be able to attend the Pismo rally in September. It is my 50th high school reunion in Santa Rosa, CA and we are committed to go there. I will, however, send a check and email address to Sharon for a copy of Pop Beaver's DVD. Wish we could be in both places.
V6 with tow package
Elderdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #26
Bluegrass

Anyone attending the rally who can pick or strum a guitar? If so, bring it! You don't have to be Eric Clapton or Django Reinhardt. Just do three or four chords and we can make some music.

Keith
Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #27
robertkennel

What four chords should I learn Robert

I used to play a long time ago but forgot most everything, I think I have a chord book around. The guitar sounds great only the person playing it might ruin the guitar makers efforts
Old 09-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
Bluegrass

G, C, & D will get you through a lot of songs. E minor is frosting on the cake.

Keith
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #29
robertkennel

I think they were the first I learned. Thanks Robert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #30
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We're looking forward to seeing all of you who are going to the rally. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away! It will be nice to see some old TM friends and meet some new ones.

I don't know what to bring to the potluck dinner on Saturday. Any suggestions?