TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
it's NOT even GFCI.
I do not believe that is correct. All the 110 AC outlets in the TM are GFI protected. All but one are standard outlets, but they are all wired through the one GFI protected outlet thus protecting them all. To verify this. Make sure all outlets are working ( plug something into them) . Then trip ( test) the GFCI outlet and check the others again. The protected outlet is usually the one closest to the convertor.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
MiniMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I've not seen one of the minis. But if the walls are the same hardboard as is used in the full-size TMs, I have to believe that a waterproof shower curtain is intended to be used, just as it is in the full-size TMs. In other words, there is no expectation that a full-size TM would not have a shower curtain in the shower, and it wouldn't be expected in the mini, either.

Looking at the location of the AC outlet shown in the picture, I have to believe that a waterproof shower curtain is intended to be used there, too. Your initial post suggests that a four sided shower curtain was indeed supplied as standard equipment. You feel that it makes the space too small, and I can imagine that is true. But if you remove the shower curtain that came with the unit, you can't then complain about an exposed AC outlet.

As far as the photo from Custom RV is concerned, I bet the curtain was removed to "clean up" the photo.

Again, remember, I haven't seen one. But an AC outlet positioned in the wet part of the shower, with no protection, would be beyond dumb. And whatever else you may think, the TM engineers are not dumb.

Bill
I don't think you're understanding exactly what I'm trying to do since, as you say, you've never seen a Mini. As far as the AC outlet, it was mentioned later as a sidenote and not part of the original query. I don't intend to remove all the shower curtains, just the one not covering the toilet and sink, which I will replace with some other waterproof material that doesn't blow around when showering.

Honestly, when I read your reply I felt like I was being lectured at, but since you can't write in speech inflection, I don't know if that was your intent. However, if you have any ideas to suggest or want me to clarify anything, please ask, don't ***-u-me. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I am trying to figure out where the hinges are. Looks like if you get up from the dinette and walk past the dresser you come straight to the bathroom door. Looks like the back wall of the TM is behind the bathroom sink. So I am guessing the bathroom wall in the hallway I think across from the galley is hinged. When you fold down I bet the hinged wall by the hallway goes down first and then the hinged wall with the door folds down. I have a 50/50 chance of being wrong and odds are that I am wrong with this guess. So I guess your walls go up yeah high and then you have a short vinyl skirt coming down from the ceiling. Is that right?

I think you need to protect that outlet and the wood cabinetry. You have a little bit of wall maybe only eight or so inches from the hinges on the door to the cabinets that I think are on the back wall. I think you need a plastic shower curtain in that area to protect the outlet and cabinets. I think plastic does does a better job then water resistant fabric. I would close the plastic curtain when showering across the bathroom door.

However on the wall behind the toilet and and on the the folding wall opposite the sink and cabinets if it does not go all the way to the ceiling I bet you could install clear plastic across the top edge of the wall where the attachment will not be seen. This will make it more spacious. Just cut the plastic behind the toilet shorter.

Before we did this...I hemmed my fabric shower curtains and sewed nickels in the hems for weights...this helped a lot but I got a lot more room installing the clear plastic. At first I bought clear plastic at Hobby Lobby or Joann's After a year it looked spotted and now I just buy the cheapie clear plastic shower curtains and it is plenty big enough.

Hope this helps. I think I may have pics of the top edges of my shower where I put the velcro. I will look and post if you have interest.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
MiniMe

Mine is the 18L, which is no longer made, but it is the identical floorplan to the 19RD. See my previous link with photos to see the floorplan at the top right of the page.

So the toilet is on the back wall of the trailer, sink on driver's side wall, door opens into hallway, and there is a mirror on the last wall to the right of the sink. It's not in the photo, but my showerhead holder is mounted on the lower wall below the mirror just to the right of the electrical outlet. My towel bar is mounted above the toilet. There is one very small upper cabinet above the counter in the far upper left corner.

The walls are the same height as the larger TM models, but I don't have the vinyl skirting up top. The shower curtain comes as 2 panels with the continuous racetrack type slot overhead. I want to keep 1 curtain to keep the sink and toilet covered and put the vinyl sheeting or whatever I end up using over the door and mirror walls. Right now I push the curtain back a bit so it is laying flat over the toilet and will actually use the toilet as a chair while showering sometimes (lid closed of course ) for more elbow room.

I plan on pulling the trailer out next week so I can get started on experimenting. I will try to post photos.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Cool...I found some good pics of part of the 18L bathroom at this site: http://www.pecocamping.com/TrailMano...el_trailer.htm

Not sure what I was looking at in your pic that I thought was the door but these pics show it as you describe. In on pic it looks like the walls are solid all the way to the ceiling...I have not personally seen that look above the bathroom door.

Good luck with you project and I hope you post pics of your solution.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
rjlwork

That's the exact camper we bought fom Peco in September 2010!