TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
Joseph

Smile AC noise, fan guards, heaters and tie wraps...

Just wanted to share something I found in my TM air conditioner. . .

On the way to South Dakota two weeks back we went to use to the AC at the KOA in Benton Il. It made one hell of a racket for about a minute, then settled down. Worked fine, just made that noise. Just got done checking it out, with help from a whole bunch of folks who posted AC problems on the forum ( THANK YOU ALL! ) The black plastic fan guard atop the AC unit has / had warped enough for it to come into contact with the fan. I will get another guard shortly. But what I wanted to share with all was while I was inspecting the unit I noticed that a tail end piece of a plastic tie wrap used to hold wires was touching the 500 watt heater element up there and was almost burnt in two. Now, 500 watts is not that much. Most hair dryers are 1000 or more. I doubt that a fire would have resulted. And since the heater is beside the cooling coils it is sealed up in ductwork. I have not used that heater much as it just never seems to do much more than make noise. But if you are up on your roof inspecting the AC unit you may want to take a minute or two and check it out. If other flammable things were in the duct work, bugs, leaves, I don’t know, it might be a problem. Thanks to all you fine folks who posted your AC problems and especially to Country Girl for all the pictures.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Hi Joseph...glad the photos helped!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote