TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #11
Joseph

Default Same here . . .

Count me in the tube of silicone used on toilet club. No locator disk either. 2006 model TM. Not a big deal but just made a unpleasant task a little more unpleasant. While I am here I have to give thanks to Bill for the information on the toilet and all the other folks who took the time to post their experience and pictures. THAT made the job a lot easier!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
grakin

I'll second the thank you to everyone who posted pictures of this messy job. It is a lot easier to be confident to tackle the job when you know what you're getting into. (I think this forum is one of the biggest assets the Trailmanor has - it's worth more than a properly assembled toilet any day!)
Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Cool Good Post

Thanks, Joel, for taking time to let others know about this problem. You might give TrailManor a call and report it. I was thinking "sabotage;" they were thinking "inadvertent." Maybe quality control was not being done at the time your and my TrailManors were built. Fact is - WE'RE the ones having to fix the problem.

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
OffToDaRaces

Default Major Toilet Problem Caused by TM, Not Thetford

I know this reply is to a post from several years ago.

I was astonished to learn that some of the issues that I observed during a recent incident with a tire blow out, were unchanged from what you observed several years ago. My TM is a 2008 2720.

At the beginning of a camping trip, a blow-out heavily damaged the plumbing, actually breaking the closet flange where the Toilet was mounted.

When a technician at an RV repair facility lifted the toilet, he told me that someone had made attempts at repair of this toilet, evidenced by copious amounts of silicone on the bottom of the toilet. To me, this is retty good evidence that the practice at TM assembly still involves use of alot of silicone.

Since my TM was built sometime after yours was built, it is a bit frustrating that some companies still continue to use "Quality Altering" assembly methods even when they are told of problems. I guess the "short cut" was more important than proper installation.

I now know that I cannot rely on this product until I have combed the TM to identify quality weaknesses.