TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
namklg

Welcome and congratulations! You will enjoy the TM!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
Tom-417

Default Gray water/Black water drain error

Sorry, I was running on auto pilot when I mentioned the gray/black water tanks. They drain thru the sewer line. The 4 drains I mentioned were for the water lines.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperwantabe View Post
The people I bought the TM from said all they ever did was open the drain lines and open faucets above and let it drain. They said they never used RV antifreeze ever. My question for the water heater is,,,will it drain enough by itself or does it need more attention? What about the drain traps... do they need antifreeze in them? Input would be helpful.
M and L
2005 3023
2004 Honda Pilot TV
The manual has the details for winterizing, but the short form answer for the water system is to open all the faucets and open the four water system drain valves underneath. This process empties the water heater, so it is important to have the 110v water heater switch OFF whenever power is connected and and the water heater is empty (I turn the breakers off as a fail-safe backup plan)!

Obviously, you want to also have emptied the black water and the gray water at a dump station.

I could scan the manual and Email it to you if you don't have it.

I've never used RV antifreeze in the TM drains and traps and haven't had a problem so far (our winters are cold enough to get the trailer thoroughly below freezing). But if you don't open the inside faucets and let them drain, the kitchen faucet can be damaged by freezing. Here's my original repair reference (which is still working perfectly, by the way):
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7588
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
Camperwantabe

Thanks for all the info. I took time last night and read thru the whole manual and saw what needed to be done. I hole punched everything and put in notebook binder. I even slept in the TM just to see how comfortable it is. I wish I would have known to turn both propane bottles on so if the first ran out the other would take over. It got kinda chilly in there this morning.LOL The previous owner did not know how much propane was left in the bottles. Now I do.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #15
PopBeavers

When leaving the kitchen faucet open and closing the TM makes sure that there is enough clearance so that the handle does not poke a hole in the ceiling.

The factory stock faucet will clear it, but some replacement faucets will not.

And I can prove it.

We switched to a different faucet because it was the easiest way to add a sprayer.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperwantabe View Post
Thanks for all the info. I took time last night and read thru the whole manual and saw what needed to be done. I hole punched everything and put in notebook binder. I even slept in the TM just to see how comfortable it is. I wish I would have known to turn both propane bottles on so if the first ran out the other would take over. It got kinda chilly in there this morning.LOL The previous owner did not know how much propane was left in the bottles. Now I do.
When I attended the Pismo Beach TM rally, another TM owner showed me a simple way of finding out how full a propane tank is.

What he did was to heat a big cup of water to boiling, carry it around to the tank outside, and pour it down the side. Then you feel the side of the tank where you poured the water. (It is cool enough to touch w/o danger)

You can feel the area where the tank side remains much cooler than the upper area where the propane has turned to a gas. The liquid propane cools the tank side more rapidly than the area above. So you have a good estimate of the level of propane in that tank.

Simple and fast.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
moaboy

Welcome and don't forget to drain your outside shower assembly if you have one. Guess it gets a little nippy in Wyoming!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
klv5920

And read read read EVERYTHING on this forum! All the situations you will encounter with your TM, others have encountered already and they have shared their solutions on this forum! It is a gold mind of information and TM friends!!

Karen
Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Maxine_51334

Congrats !
We just bought one in mid December also
This is the best forum to learn from.
I bet you will enjoy the TM. I am sure I will once warmer weather gets here
Maxine_51334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
Brifla

Mr. Adventure (and other 3023 model owners), if you have an electonic copy or scan of your User's Manual (or manuals for the components), I would greatly appreciate a copy. I recently bought a 2006 3023 but it doesn't have any original paperwork. Thanks!