TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
angler_2

Default Propane tanks interfering with Equal-i-zer® hitch installation?

Need some info from any of you that have uses the Equal-i-zer® brand hitch with your TMs. I'll be driving 500 miles to pick up my 2720sl on Friday. Have ordered a 6000 lb equal-i-zer hitch from rv wholesalers that should arrive on Thursday. I read in one of the threads here that there is reason to believe that the propane tanks could interfere with proper hook up of the hitch. I called the TM factory and they said they had heard that might be the case for certain models but had no conclusive info on this. Also said that too many variables come into play to know for sure. They did confirm that this model hitch should work fine with the SL when trailer is loaded correctly and they knew that some people were installing heavier models. They asked that should I run into a problem to let them know so if they are asked the question again, they will be able to provide customers with the correct info.

So.... I do not want to travel 500 miles just to learn that my hitch can't be properly installed on my trailer. If any of you have experience with the equal-i-izer brand hitch on TM's, please let me know if you think propane tanks will interfere with proper installation of the hitch. The model of the trailer and the rating of the hitch would be appreciated. I will then in turn also provide the factory with the information learned from this thread as they requested.