TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
TMMiniVan

Default 2720 front storage/organization

Does anyone have a good organization or storage system for the front cabinets in a 2720? We use it for the kid's clothes but he really needs storage or organization as it is quickly a mess on long trips.

-Amy
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
MisterP

I don't have your TM model, but I keep a few plastic "milk crate" style boxes in the storage areas. Take some measurements, the discount stores usually have different sizes that will fit.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
TMMiniVan

The cabinets in the 2720 are very shallow. Tall but shallow. I was hoping someone might know of a kitchen system or something that fit. I'll keep hunting (and check back here in case someone does know!)

-Amy
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMiniVan View Post
Does anyone have a good organization or storage system for the front cabinets in a 2720? We use it for the kid's clothes but he really needs storage or organization as it is quickly a mess on long trips.

-Amy
You could buy a plastic basket and keep it in one corner of the bed. I also have baskets in the TM on these shelves:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...itchen+shelves

We have a basket on each shelf and keep a water jug on the bottom shelf that sits right above the sink. When we boondock we use this for washing dishes instead of trying to keep the water tank full. With a small dishpan in he sink, you can dump the water outside instead of filling up the gray tank.

If you read the posts at the link it sounds like I'm talking to myself....Leon used to be a moderator here and when he left the board he deleted all of his messages.

It really helps to keep stuff off of the counters so you have room to prepare food, etc.

As far as the front cabinets, we keep spare TP, paper towels, books, a flourescent lantern and not much else.

The baskets nest so that you can stack them on the floor when you travel.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMiniVan View Post
The cabinets in the 2720 are very shallow. Tall but shallow. I was hoping someone might know of a kitchen system or something that fit. I'll keep hunting (and check back here in case someone does know!)

-Amy
We keep kids' games and projects up there, kind of stand them up and tuck them behind the edges, or use a game board to hold smaller items behind. I know exactly what you mean, it's a very awkward space. I have been contemplating a few different possibilities for solutions, but it's (unfortunately) low on my current mod priority list. I have a thought that something with using a letter tray (like an in/out box tray) hinged on the bottom might work. That, and a bungee cord hooked across the front into eyelets on either side.

If I ever get around to doing this, I'll post back here.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

If your talking under the sofa seats, I have two containers which keeps a fair amount of stuff stowed away.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
If your talking under the sofa seats, I have two containers which keeps a fair amount of stuff stowed away.
I think they're talking about the upper cabinets (where the front speakers are).
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
TMMiniVan

Yes, I mean up front where the speakers are. My son uses it for his clothes but he wants to organize it better than just shoving it in. My husband and I use the back drawers. We just finished a 2 week journey so we were hauling a fair amount of stuff.

I found some stuff at "The Container Store" that might work but they are pretty narrow. Worth a shot though.

-Amy
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Not knowing how much extra space for storage you need/want you could try adding one of those cloth hanging shelves. In the attached picture I downloaded of some else's repair with a TM, there is some room in which a hook could be attached on the bottom of the forward cabinet. Then hang short cloth shelf hang from it when opened. I found a three shelf unit on Amazon for my armoir and it gives me just the right amount of shelves to hang some cloths, towels and so on. Probably can't have it weigh a lot, but it might give you what you need.
Richards Homewares 3 Shelf Sweater Organizer - Canvas/Natural is what I purchased from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	8867  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Not knowing how much extra space for storage you need/want you could try adding one of those cloth hanging shelves. In the attached picture I downloaded of some else's repair with a TM, there is some room in which a hook could be attached on the bottom of the forward cabinet. Then hang short cloth shelf hang from it when opened. I found a three shelf unit on Amazon for my armoir and it gives me just the right amount of shelves to hang some cloths, towels and so on. Probably can't have it weigh a lot, but it might give you what you need.
Richards Homewares 3 Shelf Sweater Organizer - Canvas/Natural is what I purchased from Amazon.
That is a very sad looking TM, but great idea about the hanging shelves!

When we go tent camping, we use a 6 or so shelf closet hanging bag that zips up completely to keep all of our cooking stuff in, we hang it on a rope tied between two trees. It has a clear plastic front so you can see everything inside. It keeps the picnic table free of clutter and you don't have to dig through boxes to find what you're looking for.

We've always kept our clothes in the wardrobe, we put in 3 shelves (plus one at the bottom) and everyone got a shelf. There's also plenty of room on the right hand side (stays on top while folded down) for our shirts, etc. that we don't want to cram into the shelves. The socks, etc. went into the lower drawers. I sectioned off the middle drawer into separate compartments so that each one of us had our socks, etc. in a separate compartment in there.