TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #31
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Sure wish that we had enough information to be helpful....

You seem to be a bit shy. Don't be intimidated by asking the seller to completely display the trailer for you. They should be willing and happy to show you that everything works and how it works. If something doesn't work, the seller should be open about it and allow you to evaluate the cost of repair or replacement of that item.

A seller should be happy to let you take pics, ask questions and display the pics to others to ask questions. If the seller doesn't like any of these things, there's a good chance that they are trying to hide something.

If this guy thinks that the trailer is worth $6K, he should be willing to let you take pics and ask opinions of current TM owners to reassure you that the seller is right.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #32
ProspectiveOwner

yea, i actually had my camera with me but I was so into looking at everything I did't take any pics
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
joe&Nance

I would be very concerned about all the issues with the price, granted, I negotiated my 2004 2720 sl down from the original list of 10,000 by seller, and this one was in extremely good condition, no major cracks, leaks, dents, scratches, stains etc and they threw in extras (microwave and bedding). I know I always set the price a little higher on anything expecting to negotiate, but there are those that think that the sale price is based on what they paid originally and don’t depreciate it enough for the maintenance issues (I came across that in a previous unit and walked away and don’t regret it at all…)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #34
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveOwner View Post
you guys talked me out of it.... I passed on it
From your description of the trailer, that was a smart move.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
Wavery
TrailManor Master

When I was into boats, I used to perform boat surveys (inspection before purchase) for awhile.

I'd always get a kick out of people that didn't want to spend the $500 to have the boat surveyed. I would always tell them that if the survey made them change their mind on the purchase, it would be the best $500 they ever spent. If it made them feel better about what they purchased, it'll just make them sleep better but it was really just a waste of $, if there was nothing wrong.

There is a reason that insurance companies insist on a written survey before they fund a loan on a boat. It should be no different with a camper.

If you don't know what you are looking at or how to evaluate a purchase, it is $ well spent to have a professional do it for you. Even they make mistakes and miss things on occasion but it's a heck of a lot better than going in blind.

If the seller doesn't want to be subject to a professional inspection....WALK AWAY!!!! no....... RUN AWAY!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #36
bfezel

This is an interesting thread. My comments are limited to a one word answer to the thread's title question - NOTHING!