TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
ragmopp

Default New 2720SL

We took delivery of our new TM last weekend at Dinuba RV. We took the advice of others on this forum and stayed a couple of nights locally in case a problem surfaced. Found a nice campground near Dinuba right on the Sacramento river. Nice view.
We couldn't be happier with our choice. Going from our Aliner to the TM is a case of night and day. The ROOM! We had zero problems with the unit. David at Dinuba really checked the unit out and ensured everything was ok. In fact he even found a 1/4 inch tear on the back of the recliner and has a new chair on the way for us. We would never have found that tear, and even if we did, I doubt we would have made a big deal over it. We are just tickled....

Now comes the questions:

1. We are thinking of getting a cabinet that is 22inches wide by 18 inches deep. It is basically to be used for a tv stand and some storage and it weighs appx. 50 lbs empty. It will be placed by the frig when set up, but my question is will it be too heavy to put on the front slide whilst traveling? We won't be putting anything heavy in the cabinet.

2. A lot of folks have had their tires balanced. Is that something we should do before a long trip?

I'm sure we will have more questions later, but these two for now...

Mike Anderson
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
kempert
Site Sponsor

Mike -

#1 - You should have room for the table w/o putting it on the slide out. I've carried a Honda generator in my TM and placed it behind or beside the chair. I put the cabinet that fits over the kitchen sink on the floor in front of the sofa. I would try to find something lighter and smaller.

#2 - I would definitely balance the tires (including the spare). The TM will ride smoother and it will be better for the tires. I went the 1st year w/o them being balanced and had it done when they did an annual inspection required by the state. Since then, unless I get on a really rough stretch of road, things are not tossed around as much as before.

ENJOY your 2720SL. I would not trade mine for any other TT and it would take a lot of convincing to get me to got to a motor home.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Mike,

You can get a factory built 3 drawer chest from TM that fits that spot. Ask Dinuba if they would order one for you and have it shipped in the next TM comming their way. You can find pictures of this chest on the TrailManor site.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up cheap but functional shelf/cabinet

We found a SteriLite 3-drawer plastic cabinet (Target/WalMart type) that we set in front of the oven when we travel, fits beside the fridge when open. Nothing heavy in it but the TV sits on it very well when we are in camp.

We also found a small "mesh" 4 shelf (guessing 8" x 24" wide x 24" tall) that sits inside the door to capture "stuff" when open.

Mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Joe

We just traded in our 2720SL and we had the 3-drawer cabinet from TrailManor. We placed the cabinet on the slide in front of the sofa and had no problem moving the slide, or any travel damage to the slide or cabinet . The slide has heavy-duty rollers on it.

Yes, get the wheels balanced.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
ragmopp

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I will get the tires balanced before we take the TM on its next outing. As to the cabinet, will look at a number of them to see what works for us.

Next question:

I know this is WAY to early, but I am wondering about storage for the TM come this fall. The manual states to jack the trailer up and get the tires off the ground. Is that necessary? On my old popup I didn't do that and had no problems (of course, that popup was appx. half the weight I have now). If it is necessary, how do you folks handle putting the trailer in the garage and then jacking it up? As I sure would like to get the trailer and my wifes CRV in the garage, the TM would, out of necessity, have to be way over to one side. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get to the side of the TM that is on the wall to put jack stands there....I hope my description makes sense...

Mike Anderson
Old 03-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
I know this is WAY to early, but I am wondering about storage for the TM come this fall. The manual states to jack the trailer up and get the tires off the ground. Is that necessary? Mike Anderson
Hi neighbor,
We stored our TM outdoors when we lived in San Jose, CA. The tires never left the asphalt and we didn't experience any adverse effects from this.

Our present travel trailer is larger and about 40% heavier than our TM and we store it in our driveway during six months of the year (concrete) and at the local fairgrounds (inside a building) during the winter months (parked on wood chips). The trailer and tires are going on six years old with no adverse effects. It will be time to replace the tires next season (2008) as trailer tires are pretty well at the end of their life-span after 7 years.

Important note: when you store the trailer for extended periods, be sure the tires are properly inflated, which means no less than 5 lbs below the maximum pressure listed on the tire sidewall. You should check your tire pressure each time before you leave on a trip, also.

Aren't those guys at Dinuba great? We bought ours from them when they were still in Dinuba!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
lnussbau

I store my 2720SL in the garage (it just fits) in the winter, and I lower the scissor jacks to take a fair chunk of the weight, but the tires are still on the garage floor. Doesn't seem to be a problem so far.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
BrianS

Default tires

Don't know about SL or SD but new 2007 2720 scissor jacks will lift tires about 4" off the floor.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
ragmopp

Leon hit the nail on the head. No room for a 'body' between the trailer and the wall. Paul's (hi neighbor) comment sounds reasonable to me. I will think on this...If I decide not to go that route I could get one of those steel carports. There is a gentleman locally that sells those things...I do have the room on my property..

Mike Anderson