TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
bobpollock

Default Equipping a 3124ks

Greetings from a trial user,

We have been looking around for sometime to replace our pop-up trailer. We have made the circuit of all the competition and have finally decided to get a TM 3124KS, late model used or new.
Would appreciate any advice from current or previous owners on what to equip it with or any hints that would make the transition better.

Blessings,

Bob Pollock
[email protected]
Old 06-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Hi Bob,
Try this thread http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=equip or if it doesn't work use the "search" feature at the top tof the board and enter "equip" to find this and others. There is so much information on this forum that you will be able to be fully educated going into this endeavor. Try the "Prospective Owners" section above; lots of good stuff there too.
Happy transition,
Mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Pat Stafford

For us, most of what we already had worked fine with the TM. We have a 3124KS and love it!

The first recommendation I would make is to buy or make a support for the stinky slinky tube. This promotes good drainage and protects it from ground damage. Allow for varying distances to the sewer connection in various campgrounds.

The other recommendation we would share with you is to avoid overloading the TM. It is just to easy to keep stuffing things in it and before you know it, the weight can become an issue with the single axle.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
bobpollock

Default Tip

Thanks for the tip Pat. This is very important to know for we sometimes go way back in the boondocks during hunting season, I don't hunt any longer but go with my son and grandson during bow season and of course on other campouts as well.

Bob Pollock
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
Tonopah

Hello Bob--
Sounds like you will be using your TM for drycamping. You might want to check the threads under the "boondocking" section to see comments regarding issues particular to camping with no hookups. I have a TM on order and did choose to have 6 v deep cycle golf cart type batteries installed in place of the OEM 12 volts. Should extend the time before the batteries are out when drycamping. Replacing the factory lights with fluorscent tubes seems to be a popular change out too (draws less from batteries).
Old 06-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
mamabear

Thumbs up hanging hooks & cupboard

There is 2things that is a great help in a TM when you have kids. We bought 2 over the door coat hangers(have about 4 or 5 hooks on it). These work great over the bathroom wall to hang coats, wet stuff to dry, or whatever else you want to get out of the way. Also a portable kitchen cupboard. Is great we bought it at walmart for $15.00 or so. It have shelves and a door that closes with a magnet. We carry our spices for our grill in it, paper plates, silverware and cups. That way you don't have to run in and out of the camper all the time.

mamabear
Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
mamabear

Would love to but I can't seem to get pictures on it says my files are to big and I don't have any idea how to make them smaller. Which item would you like to see? The kitchen cabinet or the coat hangers? Sorry I won't be back on the web for 2 weeks we are going to Lake Superior camping for 10 days. in our TM.

mamabear
Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mamabear posted
Quote:
I can't seem to get pictures on. It says my files are too big and I don't have any idea how to make them smaller.
Mamabear -

Look in the TM Reference Library (aka TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else) for an article on how to resize photos for this board.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote