TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
jleishman

Smile Hello Everyone from a new owner!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello from a new owner! My Wife and I just camped for the first time in our 3023 and we had so many people watching us as we set it up for the first time!

It was a very enjoyable experience! The only question I have for any of the other owners here would be: Has anyone else noticed their furnace only really heating one side of the camper? We had the fold-out couch turned in to a bed and it almost trapped all of the heat on that side of the camper. It was easily 15 degrees warmer on the side with the couch bed than the side with the queen bed. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how do I fix it?

Other than that, we had the most enjoyable camping experience of our's, and our kid's, lives!

Thanks for all of the help everyone here gave me in making the decision to buy!

Jim & Jennie Leishman
2006 Trailmanor 3023
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
radiojon

Welcome, Jim & Jennie! I'm a bit of a newbie myself, having purchased my TM 2720SL late last summer.

With regard to the heating/cooling, I've noticed that temperature difference as well. Our kids sleep on the fold-out couch, and the first couple of nights we used the furnace, we often found the kids sweating while we were freezing back in the bed. The A/C worked in a similar fashion for us, though not as drastic as the furnace heating (probably because the A/C blows more directly back from the top).

We've seemed to find a compromise in placing a small fan on top of the stove or frig pointed back toward the bed ... that seems to do a pretty good job at moving some of the air around and helping to more evenly distribute the heat to the back. I'm guessing that the bathroom and closet effective "block" a lot of that airflow from going to the back, so it evens better with a little help. For the warmer nights with the A/C running, we simply use the fan on a low setting in back with us instead of on the stove/frig to help cool our area. By the way, another good investment for us for the warmer camping was to use a DE-humidifier in the back bed area, which seemed to help with the comfort on the muggy nights, and not make it seem so warm.

Since the heating and cooling both come from single source areas in the TM, you'll probably have to try a few tricks to find the best comfort. I think we were kinda thinking that the TM would heat/cool evenly like a regular TT (with ducting throughout) when we first got ours, but we're slowly finding ways to make it better.

If you find a solution that works, please post it here!

Again, WELCOME to the family! :-)

- Mark
Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
wwjam

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your TM. We're new too.

We too found the same problem with it being cold by the bed. We use a ceramic heater in the middle to keep the back warm. It works pretty good. Actually it worked pretty good to keep the whole trailer from freezing. We were at the beach and it was in the low 40's. I noticed a couple of places by the wardrobe and bathroom ends of the bed, that was letting air in when the wind was blowing. It was better after I blocked them with some foam. Today I was cleaning the trailer and it was warm, turning on the exhaust fan made it cooler in there.

We've learned so much from this forum. Don't know what we would have done without it. You will love it.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
Joe

We use an electric heater that oscillates. It has a temperature control so we set it at a higher temperature than the trailer heater, but use the low element setting. This way the electric heater runs pretty steadily all night but if the temperature drops the trailer heater comes on, usually for a short while, and brings the temp back up. We also use an electric blanket on our bed. (We have a 2720SL.) We turn on the blanket before we go to bed so that it is warm and toasty when we get in. (Another trick is to lay your PJ's on the bed so they will be warm when you put them on.) After we are under the covers we can usually turn the blanket off.
The elecric heater is in the living area and we aim it toward the bed area but leave the bathroom door open so that it performs the dual function of blocking some of the heat from the bed and warming the bathroom.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
jleishman

Default Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the suggestions...We probably won't be camping in the cold very often, but we now have a better idea of what we need to do.

Thanks!

Jim