TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Smile New Floor

Not sure if I got the "image shrinking" thing right, but here goes.

I was not a big fan of carpeting in the TM 2619, so I decided to tear it out and replace it with laminate flooring (similar to 'Pergo'). While I was at it, I also tore out the vinyl flooring.

The laminate went in pretty easily after I removed the lower cabinet doors to allow some additional 'maneuvering' room. Laminate it typically installed as a 'floating' floor, so there was no adhesive, or nails used.

Luckily there was enough clearance for the refrigerator door, so I didn't have to do anything special, other than cutting out for the door hinge mechanism.

I took a bit of a "hit" on the weight issue. The weight of the 2 1/2 boxes of laminate used was about 90 lbs - so minus the weight of the carpeting and tile previously removed, I probably added 80 pounds to the trailer weight. If I were to do this again I'd use thinner laminate which weighs less.

Anyway, we're pretty happy with the way the job came out. The laminate floor is much easier to keep clean than carpet, we sweep it clean with a broom and occasionally use a 'Swifter' mop to remove any marks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6231015001.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	792   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6231017001.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	793   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6231020001.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	794  
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
BrigCA61

It looks gorgeous... I wish it were an option when you buy a TM. Do you have any larger images?

Brigitte
Old 10-13-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
Windbreaker

brigitte click on the thumbnails and get larger views.

I agree, great improvement! I had thought of that but was just too lazy to do it, now that I see how good it looks, maybe not.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Smile

No, Brigitte was doing it it correctly. The original linked pictures were indeed too small - I increased their size in a subsequent edit. That's what happens when "rookies" like me are allowed to post pictures But I have it down now, so be prepared to be deluged!
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
tonymessana

Default Tile

Our TM came with linoleum which like the wood floor is much easier to maintain. Something to consider is wood grain sheet vinyl. http://www.lonseal.com/ is a company I have used for wood grain sheet vinyl and have been very happy with it.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #6
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymessana
Our TM came with linoleum which like the wood floor is much easier to maintain. Something to consider is wood grain sheet vinyl. http://www.lonseal.com/ is a company I have used for wood grain sheet vinyl and have been very happy with it.
Just looked at the link and the product looks impressive...industrial type so it must be a very strong vinyl product. I certainly would consider this when ready to redo my TM flooring. It seems like it's probably lighter than pergo. Do you buy directly through them or do they sell their product at places like home depot, etc.?

Brigitte
Old 12-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #7
Freedom

You have convinced me! Those pictures look great! Now if I can just motivate myself to do the same. We've hated the green carpet as long as we've had the trailer - too hard to keep clean and the color reminds me of the old 235 homes! Remember them? Had to have green carpet or FHA wouldn't approve them. Any way it'll have to wait for the spring thaw - our TM is under the snow right now. Good job on the floor.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Carol Hagy

I just saw the pics and the floor looks great. When/if my carpeting wears out (it's burbur carpet) I'll hope to do the same. Great job!
Carol
Old 06-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
BLAZER

That turned out really nice!!! We have to replace the carpet and linoleum on our TM we are getting this week...good idea ( besides the extra weight).
Did you have to put anything under it like the vapor barrier or the foam most recommend?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
tm3023bob

Default Orientation of boards

What factors did you consider in choosing a horizontal or vertical orientation laying out the pieces? Did you consider placing the pieces horizontally to the door?