TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I think a 2720 would fit your family and the kids fairly well. With our kids being bigger now (adult size) we are having a harder time fitting into ours as well as we did when they were smaller (boy does that happen fast). It's mostly that they like to hog up the dinette seats, but sometimes I can get one of them to hang out in the upper bed. We usually like to watch a DVD before we go to bed, and it's a little tight. Son sleeps in the upper bed, daughter and I watch from the dinette bed, and DH has a small folding chair that we put in front of the door. It works for us. If they were smaller there would be way more room.

I do have to tell you that even with our Chevy 1500 truck (5.3 V8), we can definitely feel the TM behind us when we do hill climbing, such as into Yosemite, up the grade in I-5 by Ashland, OR, or in the Sierras. On flat ground we hardly notice it, but those long hills can really slow you down.

We chose the 2720 mostly because of our driveway, there is a tight turn to get into it and we didn't think the 3023 would make it. However, having the shorter 2720 makes it easier to get into more campsites. The bigger sites reserve up faster and there are less of them. I don't know if you do much camping now, but if you do you probably know how hard it can be to get into most of the popular CA state parks; we usually make our summer reservations (if we can get them at all) on the first day they become available 7 months in advance, using both the internet and the phone. If you are going to camp mostly in RV parks, then it probably wouldn't matter.

We went and visited two 2720's (owned by some nice members of this forum) before we decided to buy our TM. If you're by a dealer, you could go by and check one out, if not, perhaps one of the TM board members near you would let you "tour" theirs.

Happy camping - and good luck in your search.

D